FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

I make less since in warmer weather it ferments quicker
Some people raise maggots to feed the chickens, so I don't worry about them. But I have only had maggots once and just feed them. I keep it in the walkout basement year around, but others keep it outside on porches and sheds

okay so the maggots wont hurt them? I figured maybe the feed was bad since the maggots were there lol

I only ferment lightly. Every day or two I fill a 5 gallon bucket with feed and add a couple gallons or so of water. It usually sits overnight--sometimes only from morning to evening. Your feed must have fly eggs already in it--I also would not object to maggots.

okay so the maggots wont hurt them? I figured maybe the feed was bad since the maggots were there lol
I guess maggots can become a source of botulism if you're raising them in rotting meat (as I've heard of people doing). I would speculate this is more likely to happen because the airless parts of the meat can support the growth of this anaerobic bacteria. It sounds like a nasty, icky way to feed chickens, but to each his own, I guess. :idunno

In
I feed ff to chicks and poults I hatch from day one.
Have to make it thick so it doesn't get all over them like mud

How do you make it thick? This is what I have going right now. Am I doing it right? Lol
20200324_162833.jpg

Back
Top Bottom