Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

They make Diesel powered Welders that operate as a Generator as well.  Thats what I want for my house up in the desert.  That way I can use it for all year.  I have a couple of art projects I want to do some fencing to make It would be nice to have a welder around....  Plus Diesel engines like that can run off Red Die diesel....  No road tax on Red Die diesel.  AND if you get in a pinch you can run it off french fry oil....

Diesel engines were originally invented to run off peanut oil.. They will practically run off Motor oil....

deb

A diesel pickup was the best investment I ever made automobile-wise. Much better milage than a gas burner and a really, really sound pickup! But now they have messed with the price of diesel until it is unreal. But you're right, they will run on a lot of different oils. One of these days I may buy me a new diesel pickup. ...if I win the lottery. lol I WISH I could get that big engine in a Jeep or something! LOL

I call it a relief!!!! LOL!!!

I do too..but my extended family freak OUT when they cannot get cell service or use their cells. They get fidgety, cranky, and downright desperate to have that cell phone light up and work again~they truly act like an addict without their next fix. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone act like that over a land line.

I do too..but my extended family freak OUT when they cannot get cell service or use their cells.  They get fidgety, cranky, and downright desperate to have that cell phone light up and work again~they truly act like an addict without their next fix.  I don't know that I've ever seen anyone act like that over a land line. 

I am always going off and leaving mine at home and at times have ended up getting a cussing because I DIDN'T ANSWER MY PHONE! Gooood gosh!

Quote: My diesel pickup is a Dodge Cummins one ton. 1997 ish.... But the deal is its not got all that EPA junk on it. And its the kind that doesnt have Glow plugs. Its been sitting now about six months Dead Batteries. but I know it will fire right up if I needed to just by getting a rolling start and popping the clutch. Yep its a stick.

I intend on keeping this truck for a million miles. Right now it only has 300 thousand. It still gets 22 miles per gallon. Even now I have had offers for the injectors for more than the whole truck is worth. There is a fellow here in town that builds Diesel drag racers and he says the injectors off my truck are da bomb for racing. LOL

ONly bad part is the truck looks like crap.... Dodge puts a 500 thousand mile engine in a 100 thousand mile body.... one day I expect the bed to fall off at a stoplight. Soon as I can get someone to take the bed off I want to build a wooden flatbed, Best for hay hauling...

deb

My diesel pickup is a Dodge Cummins one ton.  1997 ish....  But the deal is its not got all that EPA junk on it.  And its the kind that doesnt have Glow plugs.  Its been sitting now about six months Dead Batteries.  but I know it will fire right up if I needed to just by getting a rolling start and popping the clutch.  Yep its a stick.  

I intend on keeping this truck for a million miles.  Right now it only has 300 thousand.  It still gets 22 miles per gallon.  Even now I have had offers for the injectors for more than the whole truck is worth.  There is a fellow here in town that builds Diesel drag racers and he says the injectors off my truck are da bomb for racing.  LOL

ONly bad part is the truck looks like crap....  Dodge puts a 500 thousand mile engine in a 100 thousand mile body....  one day I expect the bed to fall off at a stoplight.    Soon as I can get someone to take the bed off I want to build a wooden flatbed, Best for hay hauling...

deb

I hear you sista! LOL Mine is a 3/4 ton Cummins.

I am always going off and leaving mine at home and at times have ended up getting a cussing because I DIDN'T ANSWER MY PHONE! Gooood gosh!

I know!! What's with that??? When I had to carry one for work they were always calling me about nothing or my oldest son would call me. Well, where I lived and worked I was constantly on the road seeing patients in two large mountain filled counties, so the number of cell towers are few and cell reception is nigh nonexistent outside the town limits of the largest towns~a total of 3 of those and I was rarely ever in those towns while working.

So, here I am traveling through a rare service pocket and the phone is dinging like crazy, I pull off and retrieve several messages and the majority of those messages are demands to know exactly WHY I'm not answering the phone. Really? You live here too and you don't know why I'm not answering the phone? Well...let's go through the options:

1. I'm wrist deep in a melanoma tumor that smells so bad you can smell it when you pull up to the house and get out of the truck and cannot easily answer the phone~do you really want that funk on this work phone?...OR

2. I do not have cell service until I happen to drive back to the office, where you can just tell me to my face what it was you so desperately needed.....OR...

3. I'd just like to have whole blocks of time~at least 10 min~in which I don't have to hear anyone's voice in my ear telling me things I already know and have already done and are no longer pertinent just because you love to micromanage your employees so you'll have something to do while you sit behind that desk and fiddle with papers.....OR...

4. For Son~I am a grown woman, have been driving back roads in the snow since before you were ever a gleam in your daddy's eye, you know my job has no set hours, no one has ever worried about me before and they don't need to now just because you now have a fancy cell phone that you don't get to use very often because we have no cell service in the mountains but you want to use just willy nilly because you simply must be like the rest of the world and live the American dream of being always, constantly, continually, ad nauseum updating one another on every single fart you have let in the past 15 min. since you called last. Busy here, Son, and am running like mad through my day of patients to just get home and relax, so I'd get there a lot faster if I didn't have to answer the phone every 10 min. so you can ask me why I didn't answer the phone 5 min. ago.

Yep...not a fan of the cell phone.
roll.png

Checking in!!! Power keeps going out and coming back on 30 min later. One of the things I PROMISED myself was to build one of those tiny rocket stoves with 3 cement blocks. Easy Peasy. Just don't have any or dry wood.
lau.gif
I will be better prepared next winter. My pressure canner is in storage and I can't get to it. So I may buy another. And definitely a lot more jars. Youtube has some good vids on canning meats. I think I'm gonna try with beef first. Until I get some roosters ready. Little diva dog Angel still won't go outside in the snow. Aimee said "I can't believe she can hold it for so long" and I told her how to you know she has. You Just haven't found it yet.
gig.gif

Checking in!!! Power keeps going out and coming back on 30 min later. One of the things I PROMISED myself was to build one of those tiny rocket stoves with 3 cement blocks. Easy Peasy. Just don't have any or dry wood.
lau.gif
I will be better prepared next winter. My pressure canner is in storage and I can't get to it. So I may buy another. And definitely a lot more jars. Youtube has some good vids on canning meats. I think I'm gonna try with beef first. Until I get some roosters ready. Little diva dog Angel still won't go outside in the snow. Aimee said "I can't believe she can hold it for so long" and I told her how to you know she has. You Just haven't found it yet.
gig.gif

I've got a rooster like that....
roll.png
But he's getting a little better. He actually came out in the 5* weather this morning because the dog has beaten a path from the coop down to the shed porch where they all lounge. But he still acts like he is walking on hot coals with every step.

ok quick question, my husband says my chickens that are fed FF taste terrible, i dont know what hes talking about, hes trying to say the clear fat blobs that apear under the skin is where the taste comes from, says his chickens dont have it only mine do... i find that hard to believe, ive seen that gel on store bought birds too, i just dont look for it as its just something thats there to me... i cannot find any info on this, any insight? (we hit a new record, butchered 6 birds in less than an hr, go us!) and i was right, the EEs i had were all larger with massive fat stores, the red crosses were skinny with fat, but very little, all had bright yellow feet and skin, and yolk colored fat

Back
Top Bottom