Ferral momma

Great work stopping the feral cycle! Just keep handling those babies and introduce them to toys.
Whats your plan for mama cat? Is there any opportunity for a barn cat type situation for her? While you can make incredible progress with mature feral cats with enough time and patience, most still prefer a life outdoors to one inside after spay/neuter. It all really depends on the cat though.
They are a beautiful little family. Again, great job! ❤

Great work stopping the feral cycle! Just keep handling those babies and introduce them to toys.
Whats your plan for mama cat? Is there any opportunity for a barn cat type situation for her? While you can make incredible progress with mature feral cats with enough time and patience, most still prefer a life outdoors to one inside after spay/neuter. It all really depends on the cat though.
They are a beautiful little family. Again, great job! ❤
Well she almost got ran over when I went to the store and on my way back I saw she had babies and that she was not a neighbor cat so I stop it took two days to catch her and I took her babies that night....I want to get her used to me then fix her and she can live inside outside or whatever she wants lol. But she will definitely get loved

I have tamed feral kittens by wrapping them. In a towel and petting their heads. Petting while eating. Keeping them in a small room and let them see you often and pet and love thwm every time. It takes a couple weeks but they do calm and are very loving. But mine have always hid from strangers when we have had company...

Mama may be harder but wrapping her tight in a towel and living her up may help. We have a feral one here who won't go into a small animal trap. But he is now not running at the first sight of any of us. He allows us to be a few feet away. My in laws have been feeding him for several years.

I have tamed feral kittens by wrapping them. In a towel and petting their heads. Petting while eating. Keeping them in a small room and let them see you often and pet and love thwm every time. It takes a couple weeks but they do calm and are very loving. But mine have always hid from strangers when we have had company...

Mama may be harder but wrapping her tight in a towel and living her up may help. We have a feral one here who won't go into a small animal trap. But he is now not running at the first sight of any of us. He allows us to be a few feet away. My in laws have been feeding him for several years.
This thread reminds me of my Tom. He was the sire of many of the town's kittens over the past several years and as wild as any cat could possibly be. But I began putting food out for him and over many months he became tamer. And then a couple of years ago he got to a point where he would rub up against my legs and purr and allow me to pet him. But there was never a time that I could pick him up. Sadly, he disappeared just before Christmas last year and I miss him. As someone who has always loved animals and have been loved by them in return, I take it as my greatest achievement that I got him as tame as I did.

This thread reminds me of my Tom. He was the sire of many of the town's kittens over the past several years and as wild as any cat could possibly be. But I began putting food out for him and over many months he became tamer. And then a couple of years ago he got to a point where he would rub up against my legs and purr and allow me to pet him. But there was never a time that I could pick him up. Sadly, he disappeared just before Christmas last year and I miss him. As someone who has always loved animals and have been loved by them in return, I take it as my greatest achievement that I got him as tame as I did.
Tom the cat (12-29-19).jpg

And here is my old warrior, Tom.

Back
Top Bottom