FERTILE & UNFERTILE EGGS ADVICE NEEDED

Cencor

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 13, 2013
Hi everyone we have 24 eggs in our incubator.12 BO ducks (from two different breeders) 6 mallard and 6 call (our own). Were on day six so i candled to see how they where doing. All 12 of ours are fertile all but one of the BO are infertile.
We received them through the post all the eggs (including ours) where left to settle for 24hours before going in.anyone any ideas whats happened?? Or is it possibly too early thanks

I think by day 6 in the incubator you should be able to tell. I have some of my pekin duck eggs in my incubator along with some of my chicken eggs and today is day 6 for them and I can see a embryo inside. I am attaching a picture so you can see my eggs from today , day 6. These are my first eggs to hatch at home so I was shocked that every chicken egg and all three duck eggs are growing nicely... this egg was actually in my fridge for days before I warmed it to room temp and then put it in the incubator. I would contact the breeders and let them know that somehow they aren't growing

Wow congratulations that happened to us with our chicken eggs in jan put 48 in hoping half fertile all fertile lol.yea the other eggs look like yours i was hoping. Im gutted

It stinks that you bought eggs and only one out of 12 looks fertile :( I would def contact the people you got the eggs from because I bet you aren't the only person it happened to. I mean a few out of 12 I could see but not 11. Goodluck with the rest of the eggs! I can't wait until mine hatch, I'm dying to see what the chickens eggs hatch as seeing how my rooster is a huge blue Cochin and my hens are all different breeds :)

Back
Top Bottom