Fighting Chickens

boblarrybigboy

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2015
Today was crazy! My two roosters kept fighting each other! They keep chasing each other, like when a kid plays tag the tagger is chasing the other person, and that is just like my roosters, but only violent. One of my roosters beak is bleeding because the other rooster hurt him. They always are fighting, and we don't have any other coop or place to keep them apart. This has been going on for weeks now! Please someone help me, I don't know what to do!
th.gif
idunno.gif
barnie.gif
D.gif

Do you have a cage to put the most aggressive one in? I would keep them seperated for about 3 days if you can. Your other option is to sell or give away one of them.

Okay so roo #1 is more bigger and roo #2 is a bit smaller. I locked up the smaller roo because even after the bigger roo stopped fighting since i pushed him away, the smaller rooster always came back to fight like it was fun to do so.

They are both beautiful roosters, but I have to let one go
sad.png

I think this is because I have 2 roos and one pullet, my fault but i thought there were 2 pullets and one roo when i had them as chicks.

Last edited:
That's one of the bad things about keeping chickens, sometimes you have to make tough decisions.
Im guessing you're pullet will be happier with with only one rooster around and the rooster you keep will definitely be happier.

Do you think the pullet will be upset if I take both the roosters away? I just can't choose which one to let go so I might take both of them away. If this makes the pullet upset then I'll keep one

Last edited:
I think it would be much better for the pullet. Even if the roosters had gotten along, they would have seriously over mated one lone hen. To keep roosters, I would suggest a bit bigger flock, such as 8. If you just are set up for 3 birds, they should be all hens, imho.

MRs K

I think it would be much better for the pullet. Even if the roosters had gotten along, they would have seriously over mated one lone hen. To keep roosters, I would suggest a bit bigger flock, such as 8. If you just are set up for 3 birds, they should be all hens, imho.

MRs K
^^^ This

Back
Top Bottom