FINALLY....my old shed is now A PRETTY COOP... take a look :)

What inspired you to finally do it?

Did you already have chickens? What was the before chicken coop?

What an awesome idea and transformation. Love all the details and the artistic flair. It is beautiful! It is smart looking. Does not look like an eye sore anymore at all!! Made the chickens part of the art!

I told my husband when we starting building our chicken coops that I did not want them looking like old sheds or trashy looking. I know for sure your coops is not trashy looking. Very stylish!

I would have to agree with others about the chicken wire. Not sure why someone created someone that is supposed to be "Chicken Wire" when it does not keep the chickens safe. Have too many friends who made the mistake of putting it at ground level and lost chickens to predators. Maybe you live in a area where you don't have that problem. Would be concerned about the neighbors dogs. Buy of course if they are well fed they may never come searching for food and bother to exert that much energy to break in to your chickens. Now racoons on the other hand will pace around trying what ever they can to get in to a tasty evening or early morning treat. But if they feel it is secure they will move on. Also, chickens are well known to stick their head right through the chicken wire and get their heads bit off. That happened to a friend who bought a set of Buttercup bantams from us. That same week the pullet got her head bit off. Chickens are not that smart when it comes to recognizing to get back or get away you are about to be eaten.

I hope your precious hens will be okay.

Once again, Love the coop!!

Quote:
We have been here for over 25 yrs and never had a racoon in the area! Not to say we never will but our neighborhood is 1 acre lots and all the houses are pretty close.Most people have fenced in yards.We just wanted to give them some place to go with out having to sit out there all day while they free range.they are locked up at night and if we leave. the chicken wire will be replaced with the poultry netting down the road.

Just gorgeous, I love the decorative touches too like the rooster on the white picket fence. Looks like alot of thought and love went into the assembly. I'd make the chickens wear diapers so they couldn't dirty up such a beautiful coop.

Great job!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom