Finally!!! Red tomatoes in the garden.

Squirrels? You're worried about Squirrels? It's the groundhogs I'd worry about...and the mice...and the rats...and the birds...and the bugs...and the tomato eating snakes.

My squirrels don't even take the whole tomato. They put little bite marks on it. Turning it right into chicken food. Then they find a nut somewhere, and bury it in my flower bed, and leave mulch piles everywhere. Then they take a run down the top of the fence, and terrorize the dogs.

They stopped messing with the Turkeys though, Gobbles won't stand for squirrels in the yard. Had to trim his wings back, he was following them into the trees!

The tomatoes out back are safe and sound, so long as Gobbles is on duty. Lot's of green ones back there.

Oh my all those yummy tomatoes! I only have super sweet cherry tomatoes for my dd.My big plants never got big.Maybe next year,or this year if I get a harbor freight greenhouse and winter is mild.My mom got a hungarian tomato plant from a greenhouse.It was sickly with powderly mildew so she put it at the front of the house away from the others.That plant is now 8 feet tall. I am so nervous for her that animals will take all the fruits!

For squirrels I have been having luck with my squirrelinator trap.http://www.ruggedranch.net/#!squirrelinator

2 things I love to make with tomatoes are ....

lesco(hungarian word) EVO,oinion,pepper you like,and tomatoes.Salt.Fried up an eaten with bread.Some add in an egg

the other I don't know the name but it is EVO,eggplant,garlic,and tomatoes.Salt.Fried up. I add some lemon juice too.Again with some good bread.Good hot or cold.

Now I want some good tomatoes.Dh likes tomatoes in the fridge,but that ruins the taste of them for me.Enjoy your harvest!

Our tomatoes are the only thing that has done really well in our garden this year. Love me a 'mater sandwich! I've got 17 tomato plants that I planted, and another eight 'volunteers' from my compost pile. I've been making basil tomatoes with the grape & cherry tomatoes, sauce with the Roma type tomatoes, and eating the heirloom tomatoes. Yum!

On the topsy-turvy's, I wouldn't waste the money. I got one for my FIL and one for us last year, just to try them. The vines grew okay, but we only got a couple of inferior-sized tomatoes (planted Better Boy for FIL, Big Mama for me). Nothing like what they advertise, and I did everything to try to get them to grow.

our tomatoes are on their way out.we started harvesting at end of june.we have canned over 70 jars.and gave buckets away.we have never had such a early garden as we have had this summer.

We got ZIP from the garden. Blooms and scant few of those, no fruit. No rain and can't run the well pump to water it enough to keep it alive. It's a complete wash out. Have a plan for next year, but nothing for us this year. Guess a trip to the Amish farm is in order.
Really, Did someone tell you not to run your well or what?

Back
Top Bottom