Natural remedies for tomato blight/leaf rot?

Going forward, I would suggest rotation of crops. Switch to something outside the nightshade family for at least three years (blight can hang around in the soil for a long time) copper fungicides are effective but only if applied early. If you NEED tomats next year, grow them somewhere far from the affected area. Pumpkin and other gourds are great growers (at least up north) and are very far removed from the nightshades like tomatoes. Try growing those for a few years In the blighted area. If you are in new England, I have a load of saved seed I can send you for acorn squash.

Going forward, I would suggest rotation of crops. Switch to something outside the nightshade family for at least three years (blight can hang around in the soil for a long time) copper fungicides are effective but only if applied early. If you NEED tomats next year, grow them somewhere far from the affected area. Pumpkin and other gourds are great growers (at least up north) and are very far removed from the nightshades like tomatoes. Try growing those for a few years In the blighted area. If you are in new England, I have a load of saved seed I can send you for acorn squash.
Thanks. Yes, I do rotate my crops. However, keeping a certain family out of one part of my garden for three years just is not a possibility for me, with the size of garden I work with. The good thing is though, this year I had already planned to do gourd-type plants in the blighted area from last year, so that's good. I'm glad I accidentally did the right thing haha.

Back
Top Bottom