find out what breeds make up your furry fido here

actually, herding is simply channeled prey drive. so many herding dogs will kill livestock more frequently than even some hunting breeds because they haven't been trained to channel that drive.

interesting didnt now that either.

im going to post a picture of ears's mom and another dog i have that i wanna see if anyone can guess. also chicen5555 i find it interesting that you saw weiner dog in ears. my fiance had one of those that use to be around before ears's mom was born but a couple months after she was born he died. i think maybe he is the dad of ears's mom instead of the stray. the only thing is that ears's mom is the size of blacky so maybe ears's mom got blacky's height.

another thing to keep in mind, since eventually someone will have pictures of siblings to try to guess - every dog in a litter can have a different father.
plus, if one of both parents are mixes, the pups can inherit traits that aren't expressed in the parent. So you can take a mom that is lab/rottie and one that is GSD/golden and have a puppy that looks almost identical to any of the breeds alone or any combo of the 4 breeds.

add in the fact that many purebred dogs in the US are "pet bred" for generations (meaning bred without thought of the standard or if they should be bred at all) and you have an even harder time. I've seen so many GSDs that barely look it that some people don't even recognize a proper "to standard" dog.
For example, many think that they are supposed to be big dogs - 100+ lbs. Actually, they are a medium-sized breed. A small female can weigh only 50 lbs and a large male shouldn't be above the low 80s.

another thing to keep in mind, since eventually someone will have pictures of siblings to try to guess - every dog in a litter can have a different father.
plus, if one of both parents are mixes, the pups can inherit traits that aren't expressed in the parent. So you can take a mom that is lab/rottie and one that is GSD/golden and have a puppy that looks almost identical to any of the breeds alone or any combo of the 4 breeds.

add in the fact that many purebred dogs in the US are "pet bred" for generations (meaning bred without thought of the standard or if they should be bred at all) and you have an even harder time. I've seen so many GSDs that barely look it that some people don't even recognize a proper "to standard" dog.
For example, many think that they are supposed to be big dogs - 100+ lbs. Actually, they are a medium-sized breed. A small female can weigh only 50 lbs and a large male shouldn't be above the low 80s.

I love learning things like this! I fostered a dog with puppies that looked very different from each other. The colors included shades of brindle, white, cream, red, and tri-color.

I like this game, however it would be extremely difficult for dogs that were parented by dogs that are 25% this or 50% that lol. Never the less it is still fun. I will post a picture of a few of mine for y'all to guess on.

I like this game, however it would be extremely difficult for dogs that were parented by dogs that are 25% this or 50% that lol. Never the less it is still fun. I will post a picture of a few of mine for y'all to guess on.

haha im only just posting for fun to see what others see or if they see anything that i saw in them too.

i think your dog is maybe a lab/hound mix?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom