find out what breeds make up your furry fido here

Are you saying she has a nose, and a tail, and so does a Shepherd, therefore they are the same breed?
idunno.gif

The Malinois is supposed to have black ticking all over its coat, it isn't meant to be a clear, pure fawn with no dark hairs anywhere else on its body besides the muzzle. If your marks on the pictures are supposed to indicate markings on the coat, you can see the same markings on the Malinois in the pic I posted. But forget the markings for a minute - look at the texture of the coat. It is a shade shorter and harder on the Malinois than it is on the Shepherd, and that is also true of Jade. The Malinois is supposed to be square and level in conformation; the Shepherd has a slightly uphill build (that's not just posing, they really stand and move like that). Look at Jade's back - if anything, her hips appear higher than her shoulders, rather than the other way around.

Here's a light one (but notice the dark tail and shading on the body):

This one is much darker, so dark you can barely see the facial markings:
Thanks to all who responded about Jade (originally posted on page 1 of the thread). I didn't see any emails as I usually do when I post so I didn't know about them. I've always thought she could have some German Shepard in her - for the tail and black markings, and Chihuahua for coloring and slighter build - but I'm sure she may have more that that. Her hips are more even with her shoulders than the picture in the snow, I think it was the angle in the picture that gave that impression. Her coat is extremely soft and a medium length for a shedding breed. She weighs about 40 lbs, I should have said that earlier.

Someone asked for a standing picture of Lucy. I'll see if I have on one my computer. I haven't been able to post from my phone onto BYC for some time - though I am able to upload to other sites.

The Belgian Malinois is an interesting comparison. If you chance the head in the picture above to Jades, the body is nearly identical (she is just slightly lighter), though I believe that BM is larger in stature than Jade.

Thanks everyone!

so impressive that i was even able to find out what kind of cur mutt my dog is!
big_smile.png

maybe people should create other kinds of cur mutts

instead of mating for strength and speed, maybe they could mate to be funny
tongue.png

how about breeding a chihuahua and a neapolitan mastiff? that would be so funny!
gig.gif

could you imagine the new taco bell ads?

latest

82cb0553af438061375a782f66394656.jpg

don't be scared now...

o-PUPPY-570.jpg

Last edited:
She definitely has beagle in her! Her adoption papers said beagle lab mix but for most purposes I write down beagle boxer. She actually has a very boxer profile and her body shape is similar. She's pretty small though. Even though she weighs 50 pounds she does not look it at all.

Back
Top Bottom