Finding a female turkey companion for my current turkey

mplatas

Hatching
Aug 29, 2023
I have a female about 4 months old that had to be removed from her pen with the chickens she grew up with due to them pecking her vent so bad. They simply cannot live together now that the chickens have that taste of blood. I am a new chicken and turkey owner and this has been just heartbreaking to watch.

Knowing that turkeys are very social animals, we are looking to hopefully match her up with another female so that they can have their own space and still socialize and keep one another company. We just don't know if there is a certain age that we need to pair up with or breed. We love our girl Petunia, What are your thoughts? Recommendations? We are located near Bluffton, IN. Thank you for all of your help!

I have a female about 4 months old that had to be removed from her pen with the chickens she grew up with due to them pecking her vent so bad. They simply cannot live together now that the chickens have that taste of blood. I am a new chicken and turkey owner and this has been just heartbreaking to watch.

Knowing that turkeys are very social animals, we are looking to hopefully match her up with another female so that they can have their own space and still socialize and keep one another company. We just don't know if there is a certain age that we need to pair up with or breed. We love our girl Petunia, What are your thoughts? Recommendations? We are located near Bluffton, IN. Thank you for all of your help!
If you wanna come to NC I know of 2!!

Advertise locally. Check with any local feed stores (not the chains stores) as they know their customers and may be able to put you in touch with a local turkey grower.

All turkeys are the breed Turkey. You can check at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys to see many of the different varieties of turkeys.

One that is near the age of yours would be best but even a young adult would be fine.

Remember that BYC requires any buy/sell ads to be in the Buy/Sell forum.

I have one in MD if you want

Back
Top Bottom