TrixieBlue

Chirping
5 Years
May 19, 2018
Dallas
I was using wood shavings in my coops ( I have 2, one for chicks and 1 for ducks) because I was having trouble with flys, I did research and found the sand method which helped cut the fly problem in half.

I did that about a month ago, last week I was changing out the feed and water dishes and found both coops are totally infested with fire ants. I tried using diatomaceous earth but it hasn't helped.
I live outside Dallas, Texas. If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate the insight. The ants don't seem to be bothering the chickens but the sure don't like me.

~Trixie~

I was using wood shavings in my coops ( I have 2, one for chicks and 1 for ducks) because I was having trouble with flys, I did research and found the sand method which helped cut the fly problem in half.

I did that about a month ago, last week I was changing out the feed and water dishes and found both coops are totally infested with fire ants. I tried using diatomaceous earth but it hasn't helped.
I live outside Dallas, Texas. If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate the insight. The ants don't seem to be bothering the chickens but the sure don't like me.

~Trixie~
I HATE ants with a passion. I sprinkle the Garden and Poultry dust all around in the coop and run, especially around and under the feeders. This is safe for chickens and is what you can use to dust for mites or lice. It kills the ants instantly.
5ACCB182-F766-400D-8891-10893642FC8E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom