First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Pregnant Goaties!! Yay!! I'm going to have my Nigerian Dwarf bred this week (if all goes well). For some late May kids. It's our first time ever, I'm super stoked! What kind of goats do you have?

Floppy eared nubians!

I haven't had her bred yet. She's due to go back into heat tomorrow but she's still a bit young/small. Maybe next month. She was 65 lbs a few months ago. The goal is 80, but 70 is the min.

Great pic! I'm dealing with the same thing, my girl should be in heat on the 26th. The vet felt she'd be ready to breed last month, but we weighed them today and she's only 41lbs. The goal was 45 as she is a dwarf. I'm going to call the breeder, but think we will have to wait. The good news is that the Dwarf Nigerian boys are not restricted to 'rut' in Oct/Nov so we may be able to wait till later and still kid before next fall.

Well, folks, I did it. I stopped incubating after my NYD or Christmas hatch (can't remember...they all run together) and I didn't set any at all until last Saturday for the Easter Hatchalong. This week I got my very first TURKEY EGGS!!!!!!

The fun part is that two girls are laying, so I'm getting a purple speckled egg and a maroon speckled egg...sooooo pretty!! I'd put pics up if it wasn't such a PITA with my phone. Maybe I'll do it anyway.

SO!!!

It's time to set up a thread for the SECOND Annual Turkey Hatchathon!! I'll post a link here when I've started a new thread, but I wanted to let everyone know to start looking for eggs and to warm up those incubators!!

Start looking!

Turkey eggs (and ducks and peas) will be set April 7th, chicken eggs will be set April 14th, and so on. If you're setting quail or muscovies, you'll have to help me with the date. PM me to participate and I'll start drafting our thread for this year.

Well, folks, I did it. I stopped incubating after my NYD or Christmas hatch (can't remember...they all run together) and I didn't set any at all until last Saturday for the Easter Hatchalong. This week I got my very first TURKEY EGGS!!!!!!

The fun part is that two girls are laying, so I'm getting a purple speckled egg and a maroon speckled egg...sooooo pretty!! I'd put pics up if it wasn't such a PITA with my phone. Maybe I'll do it anyway.

SO!!!

It's time to set up a thread for the SECOND Annual Turkey Hatchathon!! I'll post a link here when I've started a new thread, but I wanted to let everyone know to start looking for eggs and to warm up those incubators!!

Start looking!

Turkey eggs (and ducks and peas) will be set April 7th, chicken eggs will be set April 14th, and so on. If you're setting quail or muscovies, you'll have to help me with the date. PM me to participate and I'll start drafting our thread for this year.

GREAT! I was just thinking about this hatch earlier today, I realized we will actually have time between the Easter and Cinco de Mayo hatch this year.

ETA: We also got our first egg yesterday from the pair we kept from last year's hatch. Of course quail is getting really tempting.

Last edited:
I did button quail a couple of years ago, but they were TEENY and I only ended up with 2 boys. They have to have a cage like 5' tall because they jump up and hit their heads on the roof constantly. I decided I'm not attentive enough to have more of those.

I do have some Blacks in the incubator now that will hatch right around our set date for these, so I'll be ready to go! I'll even get to clean out the incubator!

Well if my two hens start laying in time I will jump in. Right now they haven't started yet so keeping
fl.gif
that they do soon.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom