First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

When I was digging the post holes my RIR hen was right by by side churtling and snatching up the worms as they appeared. She left very happy!
I believe those are inspectors helping to make sure it is being built right
lau.gif
gig.gif

So I have not been on here too much the last couple days. I have been building a new turkey coop and pen. I purchased two BR and three double breasted whites from cackle and have just set 19 eggs for this hatch. I do not want to mix the turkeys with the chickens. I do not have a top on the chicken run and we have a crap ton of wild turkeys around so I want to keep mine home. So here is the progress as it is so far. The frame of the coop completed need to frame in windows and add studs to the walls along with the rafters and then needs sided. 95% of the posts for the run are set along with the cross beams. Here is a pic of the progress so far it will be 30' by 17' with the 8' x 8' coop inside.

That is what we need to build. How many turkeys are you planning on keeping in the coop?

Turkey eggs set tonight. Added myself to the map. Everyone else will be two days ahead of me. All is good!

Nope, I just set 22 tonight, well, 21 and 1 with lots of wax on it. I probably shouldn't have set it as it was badly crunched and cracked, but, oh well.
tongue.png
Rushed home on my lunch hour, assisted by last egg to hatch, cleaned out bator and set back up and turned on to warm up. Ate my lunch on my way back to work. LOL Came home after work, made a few minor adjustments and stuck eggs in. I'm in between wanting a great hatch, being afraid that too many will hatch, and I'll overrun with turkeys, or that none will hatch. Can I get mine in blue, medium? Well, got to go take my meds and get to bed. See ya all tomorrow.

So I have not been on here too much the last couple days. I have been building a new turkey coop and pen. I purchased two BR and three double breasted whites from cackle and have just set 19 eggs for this hatch. I do not want to mix the turkeys with the chickens. I do not have a top on the chicken run and we have a crap ton of wild turkeys around so I want to keep mine home. So here is the progress as it is so far. The frame of the coop completed need to frame in windows and add studs to the walls along with the rafters and then needs sided. 95% of the posts for the run are set along with the cross beams. Here is a pic of the progress so far it will be 30' by 17' with the 8' x 8' coop inside.

That looks great! Better watch out, those girls are eying your posts to dig up and around and bathe. I can see it now...

And I'm not sure how I can be "off my meds" - the sheer amount of drug dust that I inhale on a daily basis must make up for it, somehow. But regardless, I'm glad someone's looking out for me. I candled last night, too. It's driving me nuts! I know there's nothing to see... and I see nothing and get frustrated.

Wisher, if you don't have an idea for a contest, we will come up with something. For everyone setting later, no worries. I think Linda might be the last person to set as she had set her "Easter" hatch eggs a little later so she still had chicks hatching and turkey eggs arriving. Jess that turkey pen is awesome. I would like to order one just like that. Want to come to Utah for a week or so?
wink.png

Nope, I just set 22 tonight, well, 21 and 1 with lots of wax on it. I probably shouldn't have set it as it was badly crunched and cracked, but, oh well.
tongue.png
Rushed home on my lunch hour, assisted by last egg to hatch, cleaned out bator and set back up and turned on to warm up. Ate my lunch on my way back to work. LOL Came home after work, made a few minor adjustments and stuck eggs in. I'm in between wanting a great hatch, being afraid that too many will hatch, and I'll overrun with turkeys, or that none will hatch. Can I get mine in blue, medium? Well, got to go take my meds and get to bed. See ya all tomorrow.

So both you and SCG want blue and Wisher wants houndstooth. The blue is easy, houndstooth not so easy.
wink.png

Craz e I hear you about the want them to hatch and worry about too many hatching. This is what happened to me with the Easter hatch. I just sold off six of them and hope I sell some more. I have 27 turkey eggs in and if even only half of them hatch, I will have too many. I did mention to the gentleman that came and bought the chicks if he is looking for turkey poults I should have some in about three weeks. He actually seemed interested. This is the first time I have sold any of my chicks and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Back
Top Bottom