First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

more emu cuteness...

love.gif

Deb

Perfect timing on that diagram of air cell development. I just drew a line outlining the aircell on the 4 turkeys and a few others for comparison.

I have eggs that have been in for 1 week and I can't see an air cell at all. THese are shipped eggs, Seton the 27th. Kept upright in an egg carton until this morning, now turning. Eggs are dark: olives and lt colored marans.

Eggs set on the 22nd have a small air cell.

I opened the top of the homemade 1/8 to release more air, and hoping for larger air cells without decreasing the temperature. :) smiley bar is missing--?

OK, I started with 82 eggs I pulled 20 clear on day 18 (turkey count). I pulled another 8 when I went into lockdown. That leaves me with:

6 Turkey
6 from Jesse (barred olive eggers)
5 from Jim (Cuckoo Marans)
19 cochins
4 Seabrights
7 silkies
1 bantam olive egger

48 Total to lockdown.

Perfect timing on that diagram of air cell development. I just drew a line outlining the aircell on the 4 turkeys and a few others for comparison.
I just did the same thing! No matter how much I examine those charts, I never can remember exactly where the air cell was, so today I drew the air cell on the egg and then held it up to the chart. I'm pleased that my turkey eggs seem to be right on track. I was concerned that the air cell looked too small for 10 days, but then noticed that the air cell of a 10-day turkey actually is slightly smaller than a 7-day chicken. I feel better. Also, I saw movement
wee.gif

Glad I put my eggs into lock down last night. 1 bourbon red was out after work today and at least 3 standard (Wishard) bronze are almost zipped. I must be running the incubator hot. I set these all at noon on Easter. I purchased turkey starter on the way home today so I would be ready for the weekend, GOOD THING!!!!! At least Porters claims early is better than late.

Glad I put my eggs into lock down last night. 1 bourbon red was out after work today and at least 3 standard (Wishard) bronze are almost zipped. I must be running the incubator hot. I set these all at noon on Easter. I purchased turkey starter on the way home today so I would be ready for the weekend, GOOD THING!!!!! At least Porters claims early is better than late.

Poults!!!! I get more excited by poults than chicks--don't ask me why!!

Perfect timing on that diagram of air cell development. I just drew a line outlining the aircell on the 4 turkeys and a few others for comparison. I have eggs that have been in for 1 week and I can't see an air cell at all. THese are shipped eggs, Seton the 27th. Kept upright in an egg carton until this morning, now turning. Eggs are dark: olives and lt colored marans. Eggs set on the 22nd have a small air cell. I opened the top of the homemade 1/8 to release more air, and hoping for larger air cells without decreasing the temperature. :) smiley bar is missing--?

I just did the same thing! No matter how much I examine those charts, I never can remember exactly where the air cell was, so today I drew the air cell on the egg and then held it up to the chart. I'm pleased that my turkey eggs seem to be right on track. I was concerned that the air cell looked too small for 10 days, but then noticed that the air cell of a 10-day turkey actually is slightly smaller than a 7-day chicken. I feel better. Also, I saw movement
wee.gif

I'm glad it helped!

Back
Top Bottom