First Egg Countdown

Pics
Still getting two little tiny brown eggs a day... Went out Saturday and had a much larger one .. turned out to be my first double yoked one... yahoooo...
wee.gif

Quote:
Ooo exciting! Those make me feel bad for the chicken because they're so huge. But that only lasts until I eat the double-yolker. Yum yum I love them.

I especially appreciate home-made double yolkers because it keeps me from getting stares at the grocery store. I used to pick them out of multiple egg cartons at the store, and make my own 12 pack of double-yolkers. Even the idea of people thinking I was a crazy-lady didn't deter me from spending 10 minutes in the egg section examining each egg
tongue.png

gig.gif
You know it's bad if Wal-Mart employees think you're weird.

I, too, am waiting on eggs. It doesn't matter what breed I have, all my girls wait until after 24 weeks before they even think of laying
sad.png
I've got major egg envy for those that have pullets in the 15-19 week range that lay LOL
big_smile.png

I'm so neurotic about tracking their age I've made my self an auto-updating excel spreadsheet that calculates their age in weeks/months/days and years LOL.

So far I've got about 20 pullets from 15-26 weeks old that are keeping me in suspense!
smile.png

Quote:
Ooo exciting! Those make me feel bad for the chicken because they're so huge. But that only lasts until I eat the double-yolker. Yum yum I love them.

I especially appreciate home-made double yolkers because it keeps me from getting stares at the grocery store. I used to pick them out of multiple egg cartons at the store, and make my own 12 pack of double-yolkers. Even the idea of people thinking I was a crazy-lady didn't deter me from spending 10 minutes in the egg section examining each egg
tongue.png

gig.gif

Oh geez... all these years I could have been picking my own double yolkers? Now you tell me, sheesh Pele!!
tongue2.gif

By the way, how long after they begin to lay do you usually see a double yolker? Pearls little brown eggs are getting a tad bigger, but it's only been 9 days.

how do you tell if they are double yolkers? I've never gotten one from a store egg, but we've had a few from our girls.....we've always been surprised because our eggs are so big that we can't close the egg carton at all.

Quote:
I would love to know about your auto-updating spreadsheet. I don't use Microsoft but I do use open office. I love to keep track of there ages and all that.

Quote:

tongue.png

gig.gif

Oh geez... all these years I could have been picking my own double yolkers? Now you tell me, sheesh Pele!!
tongue2.gif

By the way, how long after they begin to lay do you usually see a double yolker? Pearls little brown eggs are getting a tad bigger, but it's only been 9 days.

I got two double yolkers in the first 10 days...along with a couple of thin shelled eggs. She went to both extremes!

Back
Top Bottom