First Egg Stories?

So far three of my girls have laid their fist eggs today! We have had a very exciting day! And from the looks of it, one of the girls must have had a hard time! I tried to upload a pic but no luck... the Egg in question appears to be two eggs fused together, its abnormally long. Has anyone else had experienced with odd eggs on the first lay? Is this something I should be concerned about? These girls hatched the first of March.

Attachments

• IMG_8438.JPG
    IMG_8438.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8438.JPG
    IMG_8438.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 19
Our first egg came from Dixie, a BR. We set up a cardboard box with some wood shavings, a waterer close by, and blocked all the other chickens out of her little "maternity ward" :lol:

Well, she practiced that one day, and laid an egg the next. We were all overjoyed! :celebrate

Then mom broke it. -_- :rolleyes:

My husband's cousin (Jay) built my daughter's coop. He did a fabulous job. We all had a painting party when it was finally done. Sadly Jay passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident and it hit all of us so hard. They day of Jay's funeral and burial, my daughter checked the coop. Sure enough the first egg (and a sign we all needed). That evening after services we took the egg to break on the ground at his burial site. That crazy egg would not break after each of us threw it down. So we just cracked it over a stone. Once again a gentle reminder and sign that he continued to joke around with us.
What an amazing story! There is something magical about eggs and also how people's spirits imprint on things and memories like that.

I had been checking the coop and nest boxes when I opened up in the morning and closed up at night. My black Australorp was the first to lay. I was grinning from ear to ear and sent pics too. Felt like a kid on Christmas :lol:

So far three of my girls have laid their fist eggs today! We have had a very exciting day! And from the looks of it, one of the girls must have had a hard time! I tried to upload a pic but no luck... the Egg in question appears to be two eggs fused together, its abnormally long. Has anyone else had experienced with odd eggs on the first lay? Is this something I should be concerned about? These girls hatched the first of March.

It can take a bit for their internal works to get going properly. I have one girl that layed a double sized egg like that after taking a day off. All should work out ok.

Ive had an egg a day since Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday 2 eggs, they are still not going in the roll away nesting boxes, both hens are laying on a bale of extra hay, I have nowhere to put it. We have detected another Silkie Roo, so we have 22 hens and 2 Silent Silkie Roos. Pics are of our very first egg

Attachments

• IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4882.JPG
    IMG_4882.JPG
    571.9 KB · Views: 18
I just got my first actual laid by my chicken eggs this week. My dear husband thought he would bexpect funny and plant some eggs previously but that's another story. My little silkie started laying this week. Her eggs are so cute. They are so little. I almost hate to eat them. Feels like a crime to destroy something that cute. Lol

I just got my first actual laid by my chicken eggs this week. My dear husband thought he would bexpect funny and plant some eggs previously but that's another story. My little silkie started laying this week. Her eggs are so cute. They are so little. I almost hate to eat them. Feels like a crime to destroy something that cute. Lol
Today my chicky laid a extra large egg it had a big dented crack in it. It was a double yolk I turned it into bird pancakes with instant potatoes,oatmeal,pancake mix and laying pellets. Am I the only one that cooks special bird pancakes with the cracked eggs? I know a bunch of people who scramble eggs for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom