First Egg!!!

Thanks sarahdell. We have been buying eggs from a local farmer recently as well. Trading sounds like a good idea, but we have told our son if he helps care for the chickens and helps sell the eggs he can have some of the $$.

Mmm.. Fresh berries & honey.

I have thought about bees too. Although I'm not sure hubby would go for that. He would probably be appointed beekeeper which would not make him so happy.. I'm not inclined to put myself in a position to possibly be stung.

I'm excited for you! We got our first egg the same day as you did--also light green from an Easter Egger, 20 weeks old. That's a nice egg. I kept reading & hearing that the first eggs are tiny, but I was pleasantly surprised. Congratulations to all the new eggers!

I have a question for my fellow feather parents! After a chicken first lays, I know they do not lay consistent, how long until they get into the rhythm of things? I know it depends on the each chicken, but what's the average?

We got our first egg last Thurs., the second egg this past Mon., and another today. All our girls are the same age so not sure how many are actually laying.

We got our second egg today! Same sea green as the other one! We think its our EE named biscuit! She is laying mid day? I had her cooped today because the neighbors dog wondered over, usually they are out all day. I'm now concerned eggs will be in the woods, an not in the coop with her laying mid to late day..... Will she learn to lay in the morning or is she just a mid day layer?

It took my 20 week old RIR about an hour in the nest today, but it's the first (small) egg! She had been getting loud lately, I thought she was turning into a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom