First eggs of the year.

What a wonderful surprise!

Hope the eggs are okay; some of my ducks and my geese have been making me do a scavenger hunt for their eggs. Although they have great places to lay, it sometimes seems that eggs simply fall out of the ducks -- wherever they are at the time.

Awesome! Ive got mandarins and wood ducks laying
Our Mandarin is huge but she still hasn't laid eggs. I haven't even seen her look at a nest box. Our second Wood duck laid 5 eggs so far. One of the Cinnamons is up to 7 The Hooded hasn't laid any in a week although she is still fat. I think the Hooded laid 5 in with the wood duck eggs and there is 17 in that box.

What a wonderful surprise!

Hope the eggs are okay; some of my ducks and my geese have been making me do a scavenger hunt for their eggs. Although they have great places to lay, it sometimes seems that eggs simply fall out of the ducks -- wherever they are at the time.
I had a Wood duck egg in the pool today. Yesterday I cleaned the other pond and there was 6 Khaki Campbell eggs in the bottom.

I guess the good news is that some of your girls are laying? Although it would be nice if they would lay somewhere more accessible and where the eggs would be DRY.

The first year I had geese, Golly laid her first egg in the largest puddle of water on the property. Since I was concerned about its safety, I just blew out the egg and kept the shell in my "unusual eggs" collection.

I think the geese are nearly done for the year now, but the runners are in full production mode AND have laid nearly all of the past week's eggs inside the shelter.

Hope your girls start making better choices!

Back
Top Bottom