First hatch/Incubator revamp/review thread(IncuKit, IncuTherm+)

Overall satisfaction with the IncuKit was good. It was not a hands off operation in the system we had it in. There were a few minor temp spikes in the afternoon when it got a bit warm, but nothing over 103. I was adjusting the temp quite a bit, but for our first hatch we had a rate of 93%, so that's pretty good.

I would appreciate it if the company would install a guard over the fan to prevent injury.

The incutherm did really well up until the very end. We are going to test it and see if we can't find out why it was reading 94% humidity when the humidity was more like 60%. If we can't fix it, I have utmost faith, based on reviews, that Incubator WH will offer a a solution that is satisfactory. In any case, we will be purchasing another hygrometer before we hatch again. We had an acurite, but didn't trust it 100%.

Last edited:
And an extra special thank you to @AmyLynn2374
frow.gif
We really couldn't have done it without you.

PS: The injured chicks are 100%! Eyes and everything; up and hopping!

Update:

13/14 that went into lockdown hatched. Not sure what happened withe the 14th chick, it never internally pipped, I guess.

Chick #13 was the only chick we assisted with. It's membrane was drying out. The incutherm went on the fritz and we couldn't accurately gauge the humidity towards the end, so I felt it was necessary to assist(go team red!).

Chick #13

And here is a shot of the fuzzy butt brood. I just love them so much!
jumpy.gif

It really surprised me how much I care for these chicks. We have been waiting on the BLRW's we received yesterday for months upon months and I do love them, but I just can't get enough of our little black crew!

I'll try to get some more shots tomorrow. It's been a busy day! Sorry the update was so late.
That is great!!! So happy for you!! Congrats!!!

And an extra special thank you to @AmyLynn2374
frow.gif
We really couldn't have done it without you.

PS: The injured chicks are 100%! Eyes and everything; up and hopping!
hugs.gif
I'm happy you had a good hatch!

Well, our second hatch is due 9/21(8 days from now) 9/18 4 days from now(!) and I want to stress how happy I am with the incuKit mini. This time it has held a steady temp, around 99.5 the whole run. When we build a cabinet incubator, we're getting the bigger kit. I recommend it highly for those building a bater of their very own.

The IncuTherm Plus is a different story. The humidity gauge is way off. I can NOT recommend this product.

Here's to many more hatches to come!

Last edited:
Well, our second hatch is due 9/21(8 days from now) and I want to stress how happy I am with the incuKit mini. This time it has held a steady temp, around 99.5 the whole run. When we build a cabinet incubator, we're getting the bigger kit. I recommend it highly for those building a bater of their very own.

The IncuTherm Plus is a different story. The humidity gauge is way off. I can NOT recommend this product.

Here's to many more hatches to come!
clap.gif
Good luck on the hatch!!

I have to agree with you on that. My first ITP was spot on throughout the entire hatch. I had one completely quit on me. They replaced it, and had a glitch in their mailing, so I ended up with 2 replacements. One does ok, but the other one, even with a brand new battery can't be trusted. Sad, for the (what I consider to be high) expense of them for the product to not work well. I still use one, but have several back up thermometers. They can't be beat for the high low feature, and the ease of reading, with the moveable probe. I bought an aquarium thermometer with probe that i consider to be more accurate. I also have several of the floaty aquarium thermometers that seem to be spot on, but they are hard to read. Always use medical grade as well, mercury and digital.

Good luck!
fl.gif

You shoulda got a parade for that last hatch! I didn't realize it went so well!!

Thanks!

N I wasn't gonna say anything. . . lol I was surprised how well it went!

I have to agree with you on that. My first ITP was spot on throughout the entire hatch. I had one completely quit on me. They replaced it, and had a glitch in their mailing, so I ended up with 2 replacements. One does ok, but the other one, even with a brand new battery can't be trusted. Sad, for the (what I consider to be high) expense of them for the product to not work well. I still use one, but have several back up thermometers. They can't be beat for the high low feature, and the ease of reading, with the moveable probe. I bought an aquarium thermometer with probe that i consider to be more accurate. I also have several of the floaty aquarium thermometers that seem to be spot on, but they are hard to read. Always use medical grade as well, mercury and digital.

I guess I should ask for a replacement. I agree on the medical grade thermometers. We also use them, as well as those meaties. lol

Back
Top Bottom