First Incubation: Crossbreed Question

Pappyof5

Chirping
Jan 24, 2021
As title said, this is my first try at incubating eggs. Tomorrow is day 7 and all 12 eggs are showing veining.

Any idea what these crosses will look like as chicks and adults?

SLW rooster x BO hen
SLW rooster x Amberlink

BO rooster x SLW hen
BO rooster x Amberlink hen

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Using this- http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

1. SLW x Buff = ***Pullets are black patterned silver, incomplete spangling or lacing, Cockerels are black patterned golden/yellow, incomplete spangling or lacing.
3. BO x SLW = ***Pullets are black patterned buff, incomplete spangling or lacing, Cockerels are black patterned golden/yellow, incomplete spangling or lacing.
2& 4. I'm not sure the genetics of Amberlinks since they're a hatchery hybrid.

***Buff is super unknown still, it's a little bit of a wild card, so take that with a grain of salt! Good luck!

Using this- http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

1. SLW x Buff = ***Pullets are black patterned silver, incomplete spangling or lacing, Cockerels are black patterned golden/yellow, incomplete spangling or lacing.
3. BO x SLW = ***Pullets are black patterned buff, incomplete spangling or lacing, Cockerels are black patterned golden/yellow, incomplete spangling or lacing.
2& 4. I'm not sure the genetics of Amberlinks since they're a hatchery hybrid.

***Buff is super unknown still, it's a little bit of a wild card, so take that with a grain of salt! Good luck!
The eggs are in lockdown day 1 now. Any idea of coloring of chicks?

Will I be able to feather sex these chicks?
Probably not.

Feather sexing requires a fast-feathering father and a slow-feathering mother.

So it would work only if you know for sure that all of your roosters were fast-feathering as chicks, AND all of your hens were slow-feathering as chicks.

Probably not.

Feather sexing requires a fast-feathering father and a slow-feathering mother.

So it would work only if you know for sure that all of your roosters were fast-feathering as chicks, AND all of your hens were slow-feathering as chicks.
Will I be able to tell if I have any purebreeds out of this hatching?

You probably won't be able to tell until they get their adult feathers in, even then if there's a big chance at a barnyard mix I wouldn't sell them as pure or anything just in case.
Have you ever or known of anyone breeding to amber link hens?

Back
Top Bottom