First quilt block swap 2016

I have you down!!!

That is cute! I personally like the size they are at. It makes two blocks at once and it is super easy. Well some food for thought. what fabrics did you see this in?
A solid that contrasts with a print, makers choice for color, how does that sound? we could do it juvenile and we could keep it the same size, didn't know if anyone would be interested in little blocks.

I have you down!!!

A solid that contrasts with a print, makers choice for color, how does that sound? we could do it juvenile and we could keep it the same size, didn't know if anyone would be interested in little blocks.
Sounds good. I am not so sure how it would look like much bigger. If you sew 4 blocks together you have a 10 inch block but I would rather have them loose. Lets see what others think. We would have to make a good number, 50 or more possibly, but it is super easy and it makes 2 blocks at a time. In order to get 50 blocks each person would have to do the process 25 times. In my mind I keep on seeing this in 1930 fabric or some small print for the none solid. Well I am still busy with the Chain Four Patch blocks. Just a couple more.

For those who wonder what we are talking about-

Last edited:
The one I saw had 3x2 squares and a white rectangle, but same zig zag.
So...as I cant get edit to work...
xxx-xx
xxx-xx
--- -xx
If you imagine the dash as white strips and the x as coloured squares .... hopefully it makes sense

Well, I've given it some thought. How about going for a lap quilt of 6 blocks by 6 blocks which I think means sewing 9 dark and light widths of fabric together to get a total of 36 blocks. If we want, each person could just do two fabrics, the light and a patterned of their choice. Then we would get a mixture back. That means we want a total of 3/4yard for each of the 2 fabrics. Must admit, done this a bit quick as am waiting to go out for a girly dinner tonight so am not sure of accuracy, but this does seem doable. Nice lap quilt too.

I see our wheels spinning,
clap.gif
keep the ideas flowing

I never realized how many brown and blue fabrics I have until making this quilt, I'm still just pulling from my stash.
I wont get to it until after mid Jan. Too many other irons in the fire.

I have blues galore. I even have enough creams, although I had to scrounge.

My problem was with the "men's" fabrics. I normally call those "ugly" and when I get those, they become quilt backs for charity so I don't have to look at them. Between my mother and myself, we had a hard time finding enough ugly, I mean, men's fabrics for the swap. But, my swap blocks are done now and will get in the mail in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom