First quilt block swap 2016

katsdar

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 21, 2012
Armuchee, Georgia
BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply.

Block requirements:

This will be the new block for 2016, blues and creams for the 4 patch chain and man colors for the larger blocks so color 1 will be any color or colors fabric pattern you choose as long as it is manly and for colors 2 and 3 will be blues and creams of your choice. here is the link for the instructions and this makes a 12 inch block,

http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FourPatchChainBlock.html

We will need to make 24 blocks. Due date will be February 29th. LEAP YEAR!!!

Let the quilting begin!
I am on BYC often, and I will be available to answer questions, and all who send blocks will receive blocks from whoever else takes part. I ask that when you ship all of your blocks, add a large SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for easy block shipment. ALL BLOCKS are sent to me (yes, even yours your keeping) so that I can be sure every pile of blocks sent out contains one from every single sender. It’s confusing to keep track of 12 - 15 different piles, and who doesn't need one. I want no mistakes, so make and send them all at once.
TO SIGN UP: Please put "SIGN ME UP" OR "YES, I'M IN" or something all by itself in a post on the forum. (Or, put it first, then elaborate) Please post you want to be involved HERE on THIS THREAD.
Thanks
Kat

I got my lovely blocks
love.gif
I'm already trying several different layouts.

I never realized how many brown and blue fabrics I have until making this quilt, I'm still just pulling from my stash.
I wont get to it until after mid Jan. Too many other irons in the fire.

Hmmm! I didn't know that! I always press my fabric and also the cut pieces. Maybe that is why I have issues with my squares. I won't iron the rest of the blocks I'm doing and see if it makes a diff. Do you wash your fabric? I was told that you don't need to wash fabric. I used to always wash it. Some of the fabric in this quilt was washed because I've had it for a while. Mayb
I don't wash my fabrics, in the days gone by when the fabric was not preshrunk it needed to be prewashed but now with the fabric the way it is it really doesn't need to be, but some on here do, it depends on if I do or not if I think the fabric will bleed then I do, I wouldn't want it to bleed all over our hard work.

My blocks are finished! I took a picture of just one version of what I will be sending. The picture is a little hard to tell but the background of the fabric is a charcoal gray. Hopefully, they will be sent out by the end of the week
smile.png

Yay! I just sent off my blocks they should be there soon. I made my blocks using 12 different fabrics here are 2, the first is a nice deep chocolate
lol.png

This next one is special to me and maybe fenrosie might like it too. My family has always been dryland wheat and barley farmers so conservation, till, fallow all those have ment everything to them .We only get 10 to 15 inches of moisture a year here.

I'm anxious to get this one put together!

Here are my blocks. There are 10 each of the orange and 4 of the blue.
I sent the pic to my email and I actually figured how to get them here all by myself!!!
clap.gif
bun.gif
Sometimes I surprise myself!! Thanks Kat!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom