Ended BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Haunted House or Creepy Coop Contest

muddy75

Micro-Rancher
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Haunted House or Creepy Coop Contest.jpg

We'd love to see your artistic creations entered for a chance to win a prize. Three entries per member: an entry consists of one to three images of your Halloween decorations around your house or coop! Show us your Halloween or Fall decorating abilities & you could win!

Let your creative spirit run wild as you transform your chicken coop, house, or yard into a mesmerizing display of fall splendor or haunting Halloween charm. Whether it's pumpkins, scarecrows, or mystical creatures, let your imagination take flight and create a stunning masterpiece.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
Fourth1-month PFM
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.
It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with your fall or Halloween-themed domestic fowl photos.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. An entry is one picture of your coop or house's Fall or Halloween decorations.
  2. Four entries per member. One photo per post, please.
  3. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  4. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  5. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  6. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  7. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  8. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  9. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  10. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  11. Entries will be accepted through November 2nd, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
2021 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @Mercers_apprentice, @EsvaDirtyBird, & @MamaSug

2020 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @DaisyG2317, @CaroChickenMom, & @room onthebroom

2016 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @RodNTN, @bookwormofdune, & @sgt chick

full

full

If you have not yet joined us at the BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!, click HERE and come say hi!

We'd love to see your artistic creations entered for a chance to win a prize. Three entries per member: an entry consists of one to three images of your Halloween decorations around your house or coop! Show us your Halloween or Fall decorating abilities & you could win!

Let your creative spirit run wild as you transform your chicken coop, house, or yard into a mesmerizing display of fall splendor or haunting Halloween charm. Whether it's pumpkins, scarecrows, or mystical creatures, let your imagination take flight and create a stunning masterpiece.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
Fourth1-month PFM
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.
It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with your fall or Halloween-themed domestic fowl photos.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. An entry is one picture of your coop or house's Fall or Halloween decorations.
  2. Four entries per member. One photo per post, please.
  3. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  4. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  5. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  6. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  7. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  8. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  9. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  10. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  11. Entries will be accepted through November 2nd, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
2021 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @Mercers_apprentice, @EsvaDirtyBird, & @MamaSug

2020 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @DaisyG2317, @CaroChickenMom, & @room onthebroom

2016 Winners
From left to right, photos by: @RodNTN, @bookwormofdune, & @sgt chick

full

full

If you have not yet joined us at the BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!, click HERE and come say hi!
Thems some spooky pictures of scary places! 👻

Not an entry, just a story.

When I bought my current property part of the plan was to have chickens.

I bought the property knowing that a chicken coop was first on the agenda. Closed, and I was seriously excited. Then I started to wonder what the two doors were at the back of the overhang.

I opened the first door, and it was a big run! The RE agent had focused on the house, so I hadn't realized there was a coop and run behind the garage!

Excited, I opened the second door, and found

IMG_20231015_135829.jpg

There were two full skeletons and several partials in the coop. Best I could determine, someone died and they were forgotten.

I never got around to building my "Haunted Coop" sign, but maybe some day.

Back
Top Bottom