First quilt block swap 2016

Mostly finished with the Underground Railroad Quilt - I want to put a dark brown border to help frame it. Thank you to all that put some of these blocks together for that swap. I like how it turned out! With the extra blocks I have, I may just make a smaller baby blanket!
Wow beautiful, the dark brown would frame it very nicely

Mostly finished with the Underground Railroad Quilt - I want to put a dark brown border to help frame it. Thank you to all that put some of these blocks together for that swap. I like how it turned out! With the extra blocks I have, I may just make a smaller baby blanket!
That looks stunning! I love the peaceful color of the sashing. I tend to make things busy so this is a great example for me. the dark brown border you have planned sounds perfect. I really need to work on putting my blocks together into a top also. Sew pretty!

here is another quilt top almost finished, I am thinking of a black border and the sage green for the backing, opinions/suggestions welcomed

That really is a fun quilt!! Still getting ideas for my nephews quilt. I like this a lot!
When you were planning this quilt, did you choose these particular fabrics for it, or did it just come about? My nephew likes purples. Just trying to think about the fabrics to use if I use this pattern. I love these fabric choices. Almost looks like 30's-40's prints. I like the stripes and little orange squares print. Well actually I like them all, but the stripes and squares makes it pop.

Last edited:

That is absolutely beautiful! Love the sashing and corners! I agree about the dark brown. Would look stunning! Ladies, those blocks are amazing! Makes me want to go put mine together!
I need to work on getting my nephews finished before I do anything else!
Katsdar~ I have my blocks done!
ya.gif
Will get them in the mail tomorrow!!!

No I do not know how I managed to do this but I accidentally started a whole new thread while all I intended to do was show you all what I was working on and see if you'd be willing to give your 2 cents on the color scheme. I thought it had not posted until I received a noticed in my in box that some one had responded and posted a reply under it.

Here is a link if you'd like to look and drop in with your opinion.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1082073/baby-quilts-i-am-working-on-opions-wanted#post_16562698

Yay! I just sent off my blocks they should be there soon. I made my blocks using 12 different fabrics here are 2, the first is a nice deep chocolate
lol.png

This next one is special to me and maybe fenrosie might like it too. My family has always been dryland wheat and barley farmers so conservation, till, fallow all those have ment everything to them .We only get 10 to 15 inches of moisture a year here.

I'm anxious to get this one put together!

Kat
I am all ready home lol it was nice for the few days I got of 80 deg weather. My family heads home in late March just needs to be there by the 20th
Jackie

Yay! I just sent off my blocks they should be there soon. I made my blocks using 12 different fabrics here are 2, the first is a nice deep chocolate
lol.png

This next one is special to me and maybe fenrosie might like it too. My family has always been dryland wheat and barley farmers so conservation, till, fallow all those have ment everything to them .We only get 10 to 15 inches of moisture a year here.

I'm anxious to get this one put together!
Nice Blocks! I can't wait to see all the different blocks! I took a pic of my blocks with my phone, but I don't know how to get them from there to here!
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom