First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Causes huge muscling in all horses that have it, regardless of exercise, which is why it is so widespread, people liked that about it. But then the bad started coming to light. Seizures are one of the bad affects. They have to be on very protein restricted diets and don't live as long as they should due to the issues.

The reason it was brought up is because this is tied to a stallion and is very widely spread through his genetics regardless of the mares bred to him.

There are horses that a positive, they should not be bred at all, they will produce either completely positive horses or kind of half positive horses, the ones that are kind of half positive show the muscling but don't have quite the health problems as the positives but it's still not good.
so basically any equine with his genetic material should be gelded or whatever they do to mares. .. there is no excuse to do that to an animal.

so basically any equine with his genetic material should be gelded or whatever they do to mares. .. there is no excuse to do that to an animal.

A lot of breeders have bred it out of their stock. There was a QH stud at the barn I trained at that had Impressive in his lines but was negative for HYPP.

Off the the top of my head the AQHA registry no longer allows horses to be registered that are homozygous for HYPP. I believe they were going to stop registering N/H horses as well, but it's been some time since I read up on it.

Last edited:
A lot of breeders have bred it out of their stock. There was a QH stud at the barn I trained at that had Impressive in his lines but was negative for HYPP.

Off the the top of my head the AQHA registry no longer allows horses to be registered that are homozygous for HYPP. I believe they were going to stop registering N/H horses as well, but it's been some time since I read up on it.

You're correct--AQHA won't register H/H horses (but the Paint and App Associations still do). Breeders are supposed to be carefully considering breeding choices when they have a H/N horse, but they're still popping up, so obviously not all do.

I was forbid to incubate anything until closer to chickenstock. Hubby said I'm cut off from all electric outlet and money. I have 110 babies and 68 adults as well as a duck.

Anyone have any lizard or toad eggs they would be interested in selling in May? Or possibly chicks if able but I know those are harder to ship.

See now yall are going to get me in trouble. I just need to sell my incubators and only hatch when I have a broody.

Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Chicken math!!!! I failed algebra, guess that's why I can't figure out how 10 became almost 200..
1f606.png

Math is going to cause marital problems in my house if I'm not careful. I have 50 more birds due to ship to me on 2-27 and another order of 50-60 March 15.

On a good note, I think my entire town eats eggs laid by my flock. Those who don't soon will I hope. The egg sales are the reason my birds "eat free".

Back
Top Bottom