First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

@Jessica, the area i grew up in was for the most part former ricefields. Very low and flood prone. I lnew this area like the back of my hand. I know how deep the water gets at the WORST of times. So the first thing I did,was dig a deep catfish pond and use the dirt to raise my elevation. In some places as much as 5ft. As a result,my place is is over 25% higher than the worst recorded flood stage on record. I'm not required. To have flood insurance on my property. During bad hurricanes people use my driveway to park out of the water and launch boats.

Last edited:
The amount of dirt I've moved displaces alot of water......to my neighbors.he he he. Ive had some interesting conversation with county officials who TRIED to offer their OPINIONS that I didn't NEEED that much dirt on MY PROPERTY. Its never ended well for them or the neighbors. And to this day i am still raising the elavation. Chicken pen is a low area "relatively" where there was once a mobil home

Last edited:
The problem folks around me encounter other than the high water, is the insurance companies write policies that
Should be taken to a lawyer before purchasing. The crooks say there is a difference between water that falls straight down and water that comes up or sideways. In my book wet is wet. 99%
Of the flood insurance policies are deliberately vague so that refuse payment when you get wet. A **** in my area was recently opened to maximum capacity during a 100yr record breaking flood. The insurance companies are refusing payments citing the floods were man made. The locals have a class action suit against the county and named insurance companies. If they hadn't opened gates we would have lost the **** and hundreds to thousands of lives. I blame the insurance companies and the federal government that allows this type of businesses to exist. My whole point to all this is your polotneeds to state specifically the causes of the wet conditions

Having been screwed by the flood insurance regulations and rates when I was in Florida I feel your pain. We were paying 10K a year for flood insurance. Which was ridiculous for the price to replace the house.

I am so glad to be out of that. My home was build on a "man made hill" I assume like your's Jr. The area had not had a hurricane since 1952, but the rates kept going up. They had one flood in 92 that did do some minor damage to the lower homes in the area, but that was minor.

They just kept using every hurricane that hit NO as a reason to raise our rates. Government needs to keep out of everything not just flood insurance.

Jessica, it is after all TEXAS :) We have different ideas about "REPUBLIC"
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom