First time Breeding

Eblo

Chirping
Apr 26, 2020
Hello!

First time trying to breed this spring- not going to buy an incubator yet- so seeing what happens with a few of my hens that are prone to broodiness.

I have the following mixed bantam flock: Golden Seabright, porcelain d’uccle, black cochin, mottled cochin, egyptian fayoumi, mille fleur, white silkie, buff brahma, white crested polish, and a white silked EE from My Pet Chicken.

I just got a Golden Laced black cochin bantam rooster and he is eager to “meet” the ladies. They haven’t had a rooster with them in a long time.

Anyone have recommendations for which breed to breed with him of the ones I have? Would the baby from the silked EE and him lay blue eggs possibly? Or- should I just put them all together and be surprised by who the mom is? Thanks !

Hello!

First time trying to breed this spring- not going to buy an incubator yet- so seeing what happens with a few of my hens that are prone to broodiness.

I have the following mixed bantam flock: Golden Seabright, porcelain d’uccle, black cochin, mottled cochin, egyptian fayoumi, mille fleur, white silkie, buff brahma, white crested polish, and a white silked EE from My Pet Chicken.

I just got a Golden Laced black cochin bantam rooster and he is eager to “meet” the ladies. They haven’t had a rooster with them in a long time.

Anyone have recommendations for which breed to breed with him of the ones I have? Would the baby from the silked EE and him lay blue eggs possibly? Or- should I just put them all together and be surprised by who the mom is? Thanks !
I *think* if you breed him to the EE , you would still get blue eggs, since its dominant in the female, but again, I am horrible at this stuf. Still learning as I go :p

I would say let it be a surprise, maybe a fun guessing game!

Oh, and EE's don't go broody much, usually

Breeding him to the EE may result in green eggs.

Egyptian Fayoumis aren't Bantams by the way, they're a mid sized largefowl breed. Breeding the Cochin to her may have some interesting results, patternwise. You should be able to make Sex-links with the crossing with Gold Male, over Silver Female(If your Fayoumi is the silver type)

The breed him to everyone, & see what pops out would be fun too.

Back
Top Bottom