First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

Have a frazel i am finding out from post but one issue i am seeing is his short short wings I am assuming is a reason for odd behavior which is I have to hold him her very tight to put her down because as I start to put him down he flaps uncontrollably as backing up.

Our first egg!!! FINALLY!

It's coming up on my chicks one year birthday. It's hard to believe a year ago ish we were all planning our chicken parenting. Whether it was ordering chicks, or planning a coup.
I've learned so much!
More than I wanted to know about some things.Pasty Butt.
ep.gif

Putting them outside for the first time.
frow.gif
Checking on them over and over.
Then there was the first egg.
wee.gif

Now we're trudging through winter.

Does anyone have a plan for their chicks one year birthday or am I making too much of this?
jumpy.gif

It's coming up on my chicks one year birthday. It's hard to believe a year ago ish we were all planning our chicken parenting. Whether it was ordering chicks, or planning a coup.
I've learned so much!
More than I wanted to know about some things.Pasty Butt.  :eek:
Putting them outside for the first time. :frow Checking on them over and over.
Then there was the first egg. :weee

Now we're trudging through winter.

Does anyone have a plan for their chicks one year birthday or am I making too much of this? :jumpy

Hahaha I'm getting my girls more chicks for their birthday
1f62c.png

Hi, I am a new baby chick owner as well and have a question for anyone who may be able to answer. I have 6 bantams chicks a week old maybe> I got them 3 days ago and this am I had one limping and this evening I have another limping? They have ample room but are very active runners, I have crate lined with newspapers and rollup at end of the day for a clean pen. Which was a recommendation from a chicken farmer here in the Blue Ridge Mountains . Is this normal> could they have just been walked on or ran over by the other runners? I am going into the Southern States Co-Op tom am where a chicken farmer works and has guided me so far but I thought so I could not worry all night maybe someone would have a answer?

Back
Top Bottom