First Time Egg Candler Scared!

coleson12

Chirping
Mar 28, 2015
North Carolina
Hi, this is my first time candling eggs, and I dont see any veins! What day should you start to see veins and a embryo. I see a dark spot that is floating around but it is large almost like a yolk. Is it the yolk? I got my eggs from a friend that said all the eggs should be fertile. Its day 5. What should I do!? Thanks in advance

Hi, this is my first time candling eggs, and I dont see any veins! What day should you start to see veins and a embryo. I see a dark spot that is floating around but it is large almost like a yolk. Is it the yolk? I got my eggs from a friend that said all the eggs should be fertile. Its day 5. What should I do!? Thanks in advance
Day 5 is a little early to see much. Try again around 8 or 9. Once it starts, it progresses quickly. The dark spot is a very good indicator that something is happening. By day 8, you will start to see veins eminating from that spot

Hova bator genesis it was $150 with shipping, the egg turner $50 with shipping, fancy thermometer $25 with shipping, around $75 for brooder, food, feeder, water, other, etc.

The eggs were free, most were buff orpington and americana mix, but some were a black and white speckled bird mixed with an Americana, and a white bird mixed with Americana. The price may have been more like $250.

There is a lot of stuff that once you get it you can just keep using it forever but to start the investment takes a lot, if you want a good bator.

Back
Top Bottom