First Time Egg Candler Scared!

Okay so number 11 pipped but that's it. The chicks running around bumped off some of the shell and regardless of the humidity being 75 it was drying out. I damped my finger and made it moist and I could feel him bumping my finger. Waited longer and still nothing. I decided I would help. I did little by little giving him chances to come out. I noticed he was not in position to hatch at all! He was all twisted and only a small part of his beak was out which is why he could only make a small hole. He is now out but I'm scared I made a mistake of helping him. He is out but very tired o is still sleeping. Here is a picture. What do you think
Is that a piece of membrane still on his head? And his foot pointing the opposite direction? He looks like he was ready to hatch, if there is no yolk visible in the shell, can you arrange him a little so that he is all lined up?

No no that is from the other egg. And he is still laying there. No yolk but just laying in the bottom half of the shell. All the chicks are sleeping right now.

Okay so number 11 pipped but that's it. The chicks running around bumped off some of the shell and regardless of the humidity being 75 it was drying out. I damped my finger and made it moist and I could feel him bumping my finger. Waited longer and still nothing. I decided I would help. I did little by little giving him chances to come out. I noticed he was not in position to hatch at all! He was all twisted and only a small part of his beak was out which is why he could only make a small hole. He is now out but I'm scared I made a mistake of helping him. He is out but very tired o is still sleeping. Here is a picture. What do you think
Looks to me like physically he was ready. No yolk, no blood, I think you did a very good job!

He looks like he's going to eat it, but he didn't.
1f604.png
Well, that's good..lol

Thank you so much
263a.png
I feel like if I didn't assist he wouldn't of made it
Always go with your gut. Sometimes it'll be right, sometimes not so much. Either way you'll always question what if.... you might as well go with your gut.

Back
Top Bottom