First Time Hatcher, Nerves of Jello and *a Day One Update!*...

Wow - great story. On the second package - try your neighbors? Last week I was expecting Fedex to deliver a Pressure Canner I won on eBay. I knew from the tracking info that the canner was on the Fedex truck. Around 4pm, I hear a truck and look up to see Fedex drive past my front window. Any second I expect to hear the doorbell, but 30 seconds turns into 60 and that turns into 90 and...nothing. So I look out the window and find that he is parked in front of my next door neighbor's house. I'm thinking "unlikely we're BOTH getting a delivery the same day" so I go out and accost the poor Fedex man as he is leaving the neighbor's front porch from dropping off the second box (I was only expecting one box). I ask him if he's sure he delivered to the right address. "Oh yes" he says. And I say "because I'm expecting a Fedex delivery today". And then I look at my neighbor's front porch and there is a Presto Pressure Canner box, sitting on top of a nondescript brown box. I tell him "I'm pretty sure that's for me". He goes to check the box and yes, it is MY address on the box. He apologizes, telling me my neighbor's address was what was punched in his system and he didn't even check the address on the box. Turns out both boxes are for me because the eBay seller threw in a bonus - yeah for me. Also yeah for me was that I went and followed up. This particular neighbor is a jacka$$ who likely would NOT have returned the boxes to me when he returned home and found them.

If I had looked up the tracking info on the internet, it would have shown the boxes marked as "delivered", and I would have been disappointed that my canner never arrived and/or assumed it had been stolen off my front porch.

Quote:
yikes! yes you better believe i went up and down the street looking for my boxes, hahahaha and then i went up and down the allys looking for my boxes. lmao. turns out it was missing because i am a gigantic ditz! oh well, the eggs are home, safe and sound now. thats all that matters
smile.png

So glad to hear that you found the eggs
yippiechickie.gif
but, you're killing me here!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Please keep us updated...this hatch is going to be more fun than my own!!
lau.gif

Now go update your PayPal address right now!

Happy hatching, try not to stress. Best hatch I've ever had was the one I ignored!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom