first time hatcher

orfblou

Hatching
6 Years
May 15, 2013
Ok , it is day 18 lockdown time for my first batch of chicken egg.
My goodness i do not think i will sleep. LOL
I think i keep looking every hour.
Anyone know what to do for one nerves MOMMY to be.
LOL For me christmas has nothing on this
fl.gif

P.S. hubby going crasy and rolling his eyes alot

LOL! Same here!
I just checked them, oh, three or four times in the last hour. Saw some movement...maybe my imagination, not sure!
roll.png

I'm just cruising around here while I wait. Helps keep me from driving my hubby mad anyway
big_smile.png

I finally bought a genesis 1588 and I am wondering how small a batch I should try on my first trial run. I have seven fertilized eggs. Is seven to small?

No, I would say 7 is good. My first trial run I did 6. I was glad that's all I did since the temp went crazy and cooked them
sad.png
Usually you only want to hope for half of them to hatch. It helps if things go wrong and it's extra exciting when things go right
smile.png

Congratulations
celebrate.gif
I've got 7 hatched, 2 pips, 1 post-pip death, and 1 already removed dud out of 17 thus far. The other 6 have a few days yet. It's just day 21 for them today after all.

Thanks, I am very apprehensive. I did get a few more eggs from a neighbor. It is heating up, 99.7 now and tomorrow if it is at 100 and the humidity is between 45 and 55, we'll launch our first hatch.

so hard doing your first hatch . but one thing i have to say is tou got a styrofoam incubator . the temp on the top is way off. so get a cheap red line on it is the best, that i have found. Thank you i am a first timer too.

Back
Top Bottom