First time hatching - home-made incubator

I got bored into trying a crock pot hatch...I heated my crockpot for a day turning the knob just until the light came on then backed it off. when I got a holding temp of 102 which is good for still air, I put in 7 eggs, 3 LO, one olive, one Blue andelusian, one blue isbar, and one coco maran.

Last edited:
ok..to be fully honest...my hatch is staggered...3 are due the 13th...2 are due the 14th, 2 the 16th, the rest on the 20th, but one on the 21...grr. I am bad!
I've got an assortment of 14 eggs from a breeder that made the selection randomly from her pure breed pens (I just don't know which breeds!) due on the 26th and 4 Olive Eggers (Ameraucana roo / Welsummer hen) due on the 28th.wanted to set them all at once but the OE's came late. Really hopping for a silkie

Last edited:

Tossed in a couple quail eggs but I'm not having much luck with them

Tossed in a couple quail eggs but I'm not having much luck with them

never had a problem hatching quail. I have had a problem keeping them alive after they hatch but the incubation/ hatching is normally easy as long as you started with good eggs. (shipped eggs are iffy to begin with but you have to start the flock somewhere). Best of luck with this batch

Back
Top Bottom