First time hatching Update: some candling pics.

Oftwife03

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2016
So last Friday we put our first eggs in the incubator my mother in law got me for Christmas. I put in 11 eggs. 3 easter eggers and 8 brown eggs. I don't really have any question yet but I wanted to make this thread so I can post pics and just kinda journal this. I am really excited. I candled some not all this morning (which is day 3 almost 4) and out of the 6 I candled I seen veins in 4 of them. Very small but there and exciting!! When I candle them again tomorrow night (day 5) I will try and get pictures. I hope at least a few hatch. Really hoping the easter eggers hatch. I would love to be able to give my friend those chicks. My poor husband is in trouble and he knows it. He tells me I have become the crazy chicken lady!! I told him I will wear that name with pride.

So last Friday we put our first eggs in the incubator my mother in law got me for Christmas. I put in 11 eggs. 3 easter eggers and 8 brown eggs. I don't really have any question yet but I wanted to make this thread so I can post pics and just kinda journal this. I am really excited. I candled some not all this morning (which is day 3 almost 4) and out of the 6 I candled I seen veins in 4 of them. Very small but there and exciting!! When I candle them again tomorrow night (day 5) I will try and get pictures. I hope at least a few hatch. Really hoping the easter eggers hatch. I would love to be able to give my friend those chicks. My poor husband is in trouble and he knows it. He tells me I have become the crazy chicken lady!! I told him I will wear that name with pride.

Here's hoping you have a great hatch...and I'll look forward to seeing some photos!
pop.gif

Well we are on day 9 and I have to admit this is so amazing and exciting lol. So we started with 11 eggs well really 10 but the next morning we got another easter egger egg and decided to add it lol. Soooo the exciting part is all 11 have happy moving babies in them!! I can't believe it. I was not expecting all of them to be doing so well. I am going to post the candling pics I have taken over the days. I have 2 from day 4, 1 from day 5 and one I took this morning. Its really hard to get a pic of a moving baby lol.

Day 4 when I first noticed the veins! This is a light brown egg.

Much harder to see but one of my easter egger eggs with veins. Also day 4

My little black spot of a baby at Day 5

Taken today. Incubator says day 8 but will say day 9 in about an hour. Much harder to take this one. Little bugger wouldn't stop moving long enough.

Well we are on day 9 and I have to admit this is so amazing and exciting lol. So we started with 11 eggs well really 10 but the next morning we got another easter egger egg and decided to add it lol. Soooo the exciting part is all 11 have happy moving babies in them!! I can't believe it. I was not expecting all of them to be doing so well. I am going to post the candling pics I have taken over the days. I have 2 from day 4, 1 from day 5 and one I took this morning. Its really hard to get a pic of a moving baby lol.

Day 4 when I first noticed the veins! This is a light brown egg.

Much harder to see but one of my easter egger eggs with veins. Also day 4

My little black spot of a baby at Day 5

Taken today. Incubator says day 8 but will say day 9 in about an hour. Much harder to take this one. Little bugger wouldn't stop moving long enough.

That is exciting! Great photos, too.
yippiechickie.gif

That is exciting! Great photos, too.
yippiechickie.gif
Thank you. I am loving this. My husband is worried lol. He knows he is in trouble now. Luckily we have a lot of friends that want chicks lol. They said they would rather from me the our stores here so I am happy to help! The 20th can't come fast enought!! I can't wait till hatch day!

So today will be day 17/16!! Tomorrow is lock down!! Will it hurt the one egg that is about 15 hours behind the others? I candled and marked air sacs on day 14. All were doing well and moving. I am getting more and more nervous and excited!! The other day my 2 year old added water without us knowing. I found out when I walked in kitchen and seen the humidity at 69!!!! I hope it didn't hurt the babies!!!

THEY ARE HATCHING!!!!! YAY!!!!! My first one fully hatched this morning!! It's not quite day 21 yet! Not for a few hours!!

Very first pip!! This was last night!

First thing this morning around 6 am!

With in 10 mins of the last pic it was just zipping away!!

6:20 am and he or she is out!!!!

Drying waiting on his/her siblings to join it!!!

Back
Top Bottom