first time incubating

Nope only the 3 that I bought 2 weeks ago. They are 3 weeks old now. Its my first time raising chickens as well. I just moved from the big city ( Toronto ) out to the country so its all new to me!

I'm still fairly new to it all too. I was just going to point out that ducks always need access to water when they have any access to food. Hows little ducky lucky doing now? Have you let your son hold him?

He's really perking up. Waddling all around his brooder cage and biting at me when I put my hand in. Such a little cutie, I just love him. My son held him for a minute this morning. And he spent a bit of time cuddled up sleeping on my chest....until he pooped! Aaahhh didn't think such a little duck could make such big mess! Lol

Oh my goodness! Doesn't get much cuter than that!! And yes ducks are the biggest poop factories! Wait until you find poop somewhere and scratch your head as to how he got it there! Lol

Oh my goodness! Doesn't get much cuter than that!! And yes ducks are the biggest poop factories! Wait until you find poop somewhere and scratch your head as to how he got it there! Lol

Haha just found poop on my coffee table 2feet away from the duck cage. They must be flinging it around. Ewwwww time for the big birds to go outside! Ducky lucky will stay inside and be spoiled for a bit longer, maybe forever if I let my son have his way. He says he wants me to make diapers for him and let him sleep in his bedroom. Lol

Really sad morning. I found ducky lucky dead I'm his brooder today :( I don't know what happened, he was fine before I went to sleep last night. My son and I are devastated. Can't believe we lost him after all that :(

He really was a fighter and seemed so strong and healthy after a couple days. I think he might have broken his neck trying to get out of his cage. Yesterday I found him under the brooder on the floor, about a 2-3ft drop. He was fine afterwards , but I couldn't figure out how he'd gotten out. Must have jumped 8 inches to get over the cage base and then squeezed through the bars. I wonder if he tried again and fell backwards into the brooder to break his neck . Quite a big jump considering the bigger ducks can't even jump 2-3 inches over the side of their litter box pond( I have to put a ramp in and out).

He really was a fighter and seemed so strong and healthy after a couple days. I think he might have broken his neck trying to get out of his cage. Yesterday I found him under the brooder on the floor, about a 2-3ft drop. He was fine afterwards , but I couldn't figure out how he'd gotten out. Must have jumped 8 inches to get over the cage base and then squeezed through the bars. I wonder if he tried again and fell backwards into the brooder to break his neck . Quite a big jump considering the bigger ducks can't even jump 2-3 inches over the side of their litter box pond( I have to put a ramp in and out).

Awwww that makes me sad too. Maybe the fall caused some internal damage that wasn't immediately noticeable. I did notice that mine hopped a lot easier and higher when they were little than they do now that they are big. I had to put paving bricks inside mine's pool so they can get out.

I'm just so heart broken. I was getting quite attached to that adorable little squawker. My boyfriend is going to buy us a couple of 2 day old call ducklings on his way home from work tonight. Hoping that will cheer us up but I know its not gonna be the same.

Back
Top Bottom