I think that is this:
View attachment 3707589

Which means:
40 mg sulfamethoxazole per ml
8 mg trimethoprim per ml.

If she was getting 1.3 ml of the 240/5 stuff, she was getting:
1.3 x 40 = 52 mg sulfamethoxazole
1.3 x 8 = 10.4 mg trimethoprim

If you take 1 of these and mix it with 20 ml of a suspension syrup, you will have the exact same thing that the vet sells you.
View attachment 3707599

https://www.amazon.com/Ora-Blend-Fl...sc=1&msclkid=b195c582c7851e652e91a0fd4c0cf6ba
View attachment 3707615

https://www.amazon.com/LEETOYI-Porc...605-8aef-d020a7c62b5e&pd_rd_i=B08GKD19WX&th=1
View attachment 3707617
OMG!!! I'm at a loss of words to express my gratitude! Wow, THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!
To be sure I understand...I take 1 of the 800/160 Fishbiotics SMZ-TMP tablets, crush it up and add it to 20ml suspension syrup, then provide her 1.3ml 2 times daily... Did I understand that correctly then?

Should I stop the Lily of the Desert? Or continue giving the 4ml at night time until I receive the items I need to order (syrup)? Can I purchase the syrup without RX? Would a pharmacy perhaps have it to buy OTC? I have the crusher and antibiotics but not the syrup and I'm so worried cuz she's VERY bloated! I'm afraid I may have to do a drain to help relieve some pressure for her, your thoughts on that?

OMG!!! I'm at a loss of words to express my gratitude! Wow, THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!
To be sure I understand...I take 1 of the 800/160 Fishbiotics SMZ-TMP tablets, crush it up and add it to 20ml suspension syrup, then provide her 1.3ml 2 times daily... Did I understand that correctly then?
Yes, If I did my math correctly, that will be the exact same thing your vet sells you.
Should I stop the Lily of the Desert? Or continue giving the 4ml at night time until I receive the items I need to order (syrup)?
I have no idea.
Can I purchase the syrup without RX?
Yes.
Would a pharmacy perhaps have it to buy OTC?
It's pretty specialized, I doubt a pharmacy will have it.
I have the crusher and antibiotics but not the syrup and I'm so worried cuz she's VERY bloated! I'm afraid I may have to do a drain to help relieve some pressure for her, your thoughts on that?
Oh boy, I've drained a few, but only as a last resort.

How's her bloating?
To the point, I'm gonna have to do a drain in afraid. She VERY large now. She still eating, drinking, walking (waddling), scratching, ECT... But overexerts too easily! I've never done a drain before and quite frankly I'm terrified. I did request the vet to allow us to watch her do the drain but the vet refused, and also refused to show us how our explain it to us in the event it became necessary, she insisted we bring her in every 2 weeks, period...Plus, if anything changes in-between each 2 we'll period she wants me to bring her in. I can not do it any longer ($200 per visit, 2½ hour drive one way). Im going to read all your links right now.

Yes, If I did my math correctly, that will be the exact same thing your vet sells you.

I have no idea.

Yes.

It's pretty specialized, I doubt a pharmacy will have it.

Oh boy, I've drained a few, but only as a last resort.
Sounds like your a bit uncomfortable with it as well. Understandably...

The Lily of the Desert isn't going to interact with any of the medications. I've used it many times, with and without other medications being given. So whether to continue to use it or not is entirely up to you, it won't hurt anything. For some of my birds it was helpful, for others it seemed to make no difference.
Thanks for helping @casportpony, you are awesome! :)

Back
Top Bottom