FL: Anything required to sell live birds?

BackyardBradshaw

Songster
Jan 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Does anyone know what requirements there are to sell live birds in Florida? I've tried good ol Google, but can't find specifically what I'm looking for. I'm finding a lot of info on selling eggs and meat, but we're contemplating raising chicks to sell live.

There may be some local requirements, which vary widely. At the state level? No.

Its optional, but I would recommend getting NPIP certified. Its free in FL, involves twice yearly inspection of your birds, a glance at your cfacilities, and free tests for a couple (three) diseases. But NPIP certified birds can be legally transported out of state, and can be purchased by people with NPIP certified flocks.

It also seperates you from your Craigslist/FB Marketplace competitors - some of them anyways.

There may be some local requirements, which vary widely. At the state level? No.

Its optional, but I would recommend getting NPIP certified. Its free in FL, involves twice yearly inspection of your birds, a glance at your cfacilities, and free tests for a couple (three) diseases. But NPIP certified birds can be legally transported out of state, and can be purchased by people with NPIP certified flocks.

It also seperates you from your Craigslist/FB Marketplace competitors - some of them anyways.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom