I Need Advice For Selling Eggs/Poultry In PA.... Need Some Help!

ExoticPetOwner

Songster
Sep 9, 2022
PA
Hello everyone! So, I am looking into selling eggs and young poultry. I don't want to process my own meat birds and sell them or ship anything.... I don't have a lot of poultry or land, so I have less than 40 poultry total and don't plan on selling more than 1,000 chicks or eggs right now. I've looked at my states regulations, and I have a few questions...
CLICK HERE FOR THE EGGS LINK
CLICK HERE FOR THE POULTRY LINK
CLICK HERE FOR OWNING POULTRY LINK

1. If I need to keep eggs at a 45 degrees F or less, will that affect the eggs that I want to sell to hatch?
2. How would I label my egg cartons/containers?
3. What are some ways you can store eggs in to sell that isn't an egg carton?
4. Where are good places to get egg cartons in bulk?
5. How do you guys store and deliver bigger eggs like goose eggs or eggs in general?
6a. Anyone that lives in PA, what are other things I should know about selling chicks, ducklings, goslings and chicken/duck/goose eggs?
6b. What are other things just in general that might be important to state that I should know about poultry in PA in general? ( I've done my research with owning them, but I'm just getting into selling and I need to know about that before I start, so this is apart of my research. )

TIA!!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! So, I am looking into selling eggs and young poultry. I don't want to process my own meat birds and sell them or ship anything.... I don't have a lot of poultry or land, so I have less than 40 poultry total and don't plan on selling more than 1,000 chicks or eggs right now. I've looked at my states regulations, and I have a few questions...
CLICK HERE FOR THE EGGS LINK
CLICK HERE FOR THE POULTRY LINK
CLICK HERE FOR OWNING POULTRY LINK

1. If I need to keep eggs at a 45 degrees F or less, will that affect the eggs that I want to sell to hatch?
2. How would I label my egg cartons/containers?
3. What are some ways you can store eggs in to sell that isn't an egg carton?
4. Where are good places to get egg cartons in bulk?
5. How do you guys store and deliver bigger eggs like goose eggs or eggs in general?
6a. Anyone that lives in PA, what are other things I should know about selling chicks, ducklings, goslings and chicken/duck/goose eggs?
6b. What are other things just in general that might be important to state that I should know about poultry in PA in general? ( I've done my research with owning them, but I'm just getting into selling and I need to know about that before I start, so this is apart of my research. )

TIA!!!!
1. I don’t know the answer to to help you
2. Date laid, maybe what you want to call yourself/your farm. Do you plan on washing the eggs before selling? If no, add something that will help the buyer clean the eggs.
3. I don’t think you have many options for this one :( But maybe get plain brown egg cartons and decorate them?
4. Definitely check amazon
5. Possibly a mailing box with like those glass wraps for packing? like the paper ones

I would just look up “selling chicks in PA” and add your town

Also, your links don’t work

1. I don’t know the answer to to help you
2. Date laid, maybe what you want to call yourself/your farm. Do you plan on washing the eggs before selling? If no, add something that will help the buyer clean the eggs.
3. I don’t think you have many options for this one :( But maybe get plain brown egg cartons and decorate them?
4. Definitely check amazon
5. Possibly a mailing box with like those glass wraps for packing? like the paper ones

I would just look up “selling chicks in PA” and add your town

Also, your links don’t work
Thank you!!
I do want to wash the eating eggs before I sell. The hatching eggs I want to keep the bloom, so I will probably just scrap the visible junk off of it so it's harder for bacteria to get in with the bloom on.
I did the links again and I guess it's just some kind of privacy thing... so here's another way to get to them hopefully, just look up the names and the first thing that comes up is the document. The egg one is in purple, the poultry one is in blue, and the owning poultry is in green.

- Eggs From Small Flock Producers

- Pennsylvania Farmers Market Laws

- Owning Poultry In Lehigh County PA Regulations

Last edited:
Thank you!!
I did the links again and I guess it's just some kind of privacy thing... so here's another way to get to them hopefully.The egg one is in purple, the poultry one is in blue, and the owning poultry is in green.
- Eggs From Small Flock Producers

- Pennsylvania Farmers Market Laws

-
Your links aren’t working again :/ maybe it’s the site you are using??

Attachments

• 3CBE9DCB-5332-48E9-8A37-50746EEBFE52.jpeg
    3CBE9DCB-5332-48E9-8A37-50746EEBFE52.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 94844E67-F805-473E-B434-259EA2265A46.jpeg
    94844E67-F805-473E-B434-259EA2265A46.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 4
Your links aren’t working again :/ maybe it’s the site you are using??
I thinks it's just some kind of privacy thing... so here's another way to get to them, hopefully. Just look up the names and the first thing that comes up is the document. The egg one is in purple, the poultry one is in blue, and the owning poultry is in green.

- Eggs From Small Flock Producers ( PA )

- Pennsylvania Farmers Market Laws ( PA )

- Owning Poultry In Lehigh County PA Regulations

I thinks it's just some kind of privacy thing... so here's another way to get to them, hopefully. Just look up the names and the first thing that comes up is the document. The egg one is in purple, the poultry one is in blue, and the owning poultry is in green.

- Eggs From Small Flock Producers ( PA )

- Pennsylvania Farmers Market Laws ( PA )

- Owning Poultry In Lehigh County PA Regulations ( PA )
It’s so weird because i can’t click on these ones either :/ maybe trying coping the link and then just pasting in here instead of using the link thing :)

Back
Top Bottom