flame livestock market in Littleton, MA, anyone heard of it?

Beckyinma

Songster
12 Years
Apr 1, 2010
Massachusetts
flame livestock market is a place that Agway told me I could go to auction my EE Cockerel, as I only want hens.

Anyone ever used them for this, or to purchase? I'm curious, and looking for feedback. They are in Littleton, MA.

Thanks!

Yes it is in Littleton, I do not know what the deal is with foul but would get there before 12 as you will have to sign your bird(s) over and possibly get a bid number. There is another livestock auction in whateley mass that also runs on tues. The northampton co-op.
They also do foul, be there also earlie to sign in your birds and get a bid number. Both auctions have a bid order they do the diff type livestock in. Northampton does foul and eggs first then rabbits at 12 noon, pigs at 2pm goats, sheep catle and horses follow. not sure of the sale linup at littleton, only been there once.

Are you looking to get a couple of dollars for him, or are you just looking for a way to part with him? If you just need him to be gone you can take him to Tom Doherty in Westford (104 Providence Rd). He takes any and all birds. If you would like to see if you can get a little money for him then try the auction. I have heard of it but I've never been.

Have been to Flames right behind Agway on RT 119 on left as you head towards Littleton center. small animals don't bring much money. seems like most sell for meat.

Are you looking to get a couple of dollars for him, or are you just looking for a way to part with him? If you just need him to be gone you can take him to Tom Doherty in Westford (104 Providence Rd). He takes any and all birds. If you would like to see if you can get a little money for him then try the auction. I have heard of it but I've never been.
How could someone contact Tom Doherty? Does anyone have a phone number of e-mail address?

small auction not a lot of people when i've gone. i'm a NH resident and was told by NH Dept of AG. that Flame's is strickly
a slaughter auction. Don't know if this applies to MA residents buying but it does to NH residents

I get all my pets there. You can get there earlier so that you can talk to the farmers about their animals before they get auctioned. I also develop a relationship with some of them so that I can ''deal'' with them outside the auction... It is definitely worth a shot!

Back
Top Bottom