Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Quote:
The only thing I found to keep the flies out of the coop, is to use the bedding I buy for my horses. It's called Woody Pet, its in pellet form and you wet it a bit to break it up. It contains a deodorant and the flies HATE it. I never have any in my barn. Doesn't smell like anything really, so you shouldn't have any reactions. (NO CEDER in it either)
The stuff is made in Canada, and most Agway's sell it. They also sell the powder deodorant, but its pricey.
Hope that helps!
I'm putting the vanilla in my run-in too! Hope it works!

You can buy them in a 6-pack in WalMart in the auto section . It really does work. My husband and I used to sit outside on the deck each with a fly swatter in hand - not any more !!

Last edited:
I read about it somewhere...I swear I think it was here on BYC and I'd love to give the right person the credit.

All these years we've battled flies every way possible and to think that a few vanilla trees could combat them easily!!
big_smile.png

There is a vitamin B1 patch (don't bite me patch) or take vitamin B1. Mosquitoes don't like the way you smell , a little vitaminy. Not infallible but helps a lot. Just a few bits, as opposed to hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom