Flock of four - what breed/s?

SJensen

Songster
14 Years
Jul 29, 2009
South Surrey
Hi, we are 5 month old pullets. Some guesses on the breeds of chicks from the same seller that looked similar included Polish cross, Silky/EE cross, and Jersey Giant. We are all purchased at an auction in Langley, British Columbia.

The whole flock (at 20 weeks):
37945_flock_nov_09.jpg

Penguin (23 weeks): Looked like other chicks labeled as Jersey Giants -- bottoms of feet are yellow.
37945_penguin.jpg

Fancypants Johnson (23 weeks):
37945_fancypants.jpg

Walter (23 weeks):
37945_walter2.jpg

Vulture (24 weeks):
37945_vulture.jpg

I can take more photos tomorrow if necessary - thanks!

They are definitely crosses. They all look like they have some EE in them and I would guess the last three have polish as well. How many toes do they all have?

It appears to me that they are all mixed. Looks like some Polish in the 3 with poofy hair, and some Easter Egger possibly in the ones beards/muffs.

No Jersey Giants. Just a bunch of pretty little mutts. You may be getting some blue/green eggs!

I have no personal experience with these breeds but just got EEs Dec. 3rd. Fancypants does look like a Polish cross, and the other three look like EE crosses. I say this from all the pics I have seen of different breeds but it is hard to remember them all. lol. They could all have polish in them.

Last edited:
Definitely part EE! Whatever else was mixed in is a mystery, though it certainly could be Polish, Silkie, and perhaps other things, too. Regardless, they're very attractive birds! Gorgeous coloration on all of them.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom