FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi chicken people my name is Gary
(Mr Big is my dog) LoL
I'm in Putnam county FL I have been trying to add my self to the Putnam people list but have had no success any words of wisdom on that would be appreciated.
I'm looking for local peeps to get chickens from.
Have a marvelous sunny day.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I feed my flock each morning and late afternoon, just enough for them to eat. Here is Zephyr, it is rare to not have rain and they mostly free range in the yard, so I keep their food out in various spots for them.

Sometimes, I make their food into a mash with water. They love it. It is just more work. I feed the Highlands non-GMO that I get from Brint in NPR.

We used to joke when we lived in St Pete about driving around with the rain barrels to get water. It hardly rained down by the Skyway. Not a problem here. And even when it does not rain, there is mist and dew on the ground every morning. So I couldn't leave out more than the day's food, it will get wet and soggy real quick.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I feed my flock each morning and late afternoon, just enough for them to eat. Here is Zephyr, it is rare to not have rain and they mostly free range in the yard, so I keep their food out in various spots for them.

Sometimes, I make their food into a mash with water. They love it. It is just more work. I feed the Highlands non-GMO that I get from Brint in NPR.

We used to joke when we lived in St Pete about driving around with the rain barrels to get water. It hardly rained down by the Skyway. Not a problem here. And even when it does not rain, there is mist and dew on the ground every morning. So I couldn't leave out more than the day's food, it will get wet and soggy real quick.

We moved to the Ocala area many years ago but are originally from St. Pete. Disten Ridge (near Tyrone).

Hi! New to the site!! Just had my first hatch. I'm from north Florida. Near Tally.
Welcome!
frow.gif

In central FL here in Spring Hill.

Back
Top Bottom