FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello, I am in High Springs, near Gainsville. Just stopped by to say hello. Now I subscribe to the feed. Thanks.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi all,

I'm in Tampa FL but my birds are in Bradenton :)

It's been getting rainy n therefore wet n stays muddy in the pen (I have two BR turkeys). I heard about some sort of lime-something that can be added in order to help dry?

I also read a but about gravel/sand.

Any ideas for keeping their space dry?

~Koey

Hi all,

It's been getting rainy n therefore wet n stays muddy in the pen (I have two BR turkeys). I heard about some sort of lime-something that can be added in order to help dry?

~Koey
Hello! I am in Spring Hill but work in South Tampa. What a drive very day! Do not know of a permanent situation for the run unless by any other standards, about 6 inches of fine gravel over a sand bed and then add to the run another sand bed. Drainage.is your issue. French type drain around the perimeter of the run perhaps?

Hi YaAll
I'm here in north central Florida ( Putnam Co)
I live by the river and have great drainage because of the sand never have a problem no dirt to get muddy. :) LoL
Advice about gravel and sand or French drain sound pretty good to me hope you can cure your problem.

By any chance do any of you live by the Pensacola area and are coming down to the Inverness poultry show or just coming down to central fl area. I am trying to get some birds down from pensacola.

Hi all,

~Koey
Sand. Sand wont wash away and dries quicker. It also deters insects. Think beach.

I may be going to the show over in Citrus county but the Blue Angels are performing at JNAS on that weekend.
I will probably only be able to go to one or the other due to a gas shortage. LoL
Right now it's looking like the Angels are winning.
I live in North Central Florida which is by St Augustine about 50 miles south of Jacksonville so I'm far far away from Pensacola sorry.

Back
Top Bottom