FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

If you s till have them and no takers by January maybe bring them to the poultry show at Lake City and maybe you can sell them there. $5.00 each, at least it would help pay for the feed.
That is a very good idea! Hope to see you there. Thank you for all your support.
smile.png

Where at in North Florida? I live near Callahan. They have the Northeast Florida Farm and Garden Swap at Bent Creek off 103rd on the last Sunday of each month at the feed store. Maybe you could sell them there if you are close enough. Also they have in Marietta an auction on Thursday nights, I am not sure if its each week tho. I have been looking for easter eggers or blue or green layers. I haven't found any yet. But I'm still looking! Best of luck to you.

Where at in North Florida? I live near Callahan. They have the Northeast Florida Farm and Garden Swap at Bent Creek off 103rd on the last Sunday of each month at the feed store. Maybe you could sell them there if you are close enough. Also they have in Marietta an auction on Thursday nights, I am not sure if its each week tho. I have been looking for easter eggers or blue or green layers. I haven't found any yet. But I'm still looking! Best of luck to you.
I am near Tallahassee. I see you are above Jacksonville. Thank you for the information. Good luck on your search. Hopefully my chickens will be laying in a few months and I will have blue and chocolate eggs!

Quote:
You could try the Bent Creek Feed. Years ago I when gas was well under $2.00/Gal. I would drive 2 hours over to the swap. I live on the other side of the state SW of Ocala. Back when I used to go it was a good swap but friends that go there now sometimes said not many show up for the swaps anymore. The area we used to use is now being used for the store's UHaul business so there is very limited parking. There is a business across the side street they are on, that I guess will allow parking. It may be great, I really don't know because it has been several years since I've been there. If it isn't too far, you could check it out. Good luck...

You could try the Bent Creek Feed. Years ago I when gas was well under $2.00/Gal. I would drive 2 hours over to the swap. I live on the other side of the state SW of Ocala. Back when I used to go it was a good swap but friends that go there now sometimes said not many show up for the swaps anymore. The area we used to use is now being used for the store's UHaul business so there is very limited parking. There is a business across the side street they are on, that I guess will allow parking. It may be great, I really don't know because it has been several years since I've been there. If it isn't too far, you could check it out. Good luck...
We have a couple of swaps here. The third Sat and first Sat of the month so...... tomorrow. I was hoping to find them a real home.
fl.gif

They are so pretty. The black one has a beautiful green sheen to his feathers. He looks like stained glass. Of course the blue and lavender are just as pretty. There are people at the swaps that buy roosters. I can take them tomorrow before I open up the shop. Jax is just too far to drive especially to try to find a home for roosters! Laughing......

All you Floridians make me crazy!!! Only because I grew up in Florida and now Im in the Arizona High Desert. Miss Florida!!!!!
Arizona is wonderful too! I used to live in Cave Creek. I have family in Tucson. I am a Floridian but I do love the desert!

Well I sure wish I could take one! I'd love to have one but my husband is not wanting me to get a rooster as we have one already! Good luck!

Forgot to mention.... if you have a brown egg laying hen and she had eggs by Diego you would have Easter Egger babies! This is the hard sell.......
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom