FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I work with a rescue organization in Sarasota and we have rescued a large female peking duck. She was rescued from a park and getting picked on apparently over a long course of time before neighbors caught her. She's finally started to eat a bit when put in her water tub, spends her time laying down. She has bad bumble foot on both feet that we have just started to treat. Once that is hopefully under control and she's eating better, is stronger, we would like to have a loving forever home for her with a pond or baby pool and predator proof housing. She was being picked on by other ducks so I don't know if she'd do well in a large flock/flock with males, unless she can be separated if/when need be. She's pretty skittish was found in a park/wasn't someone's pet, but she's sweet-natured. Feel she's had a pretty rough life so far, so deserves a loving home with an experienced duck person. Thank you !

Attachments

• 20200529_121047.jpg
    20200529_121047.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200529_121110.jpg
    20200529_121110.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200526_184036001.jpg
    IMG_20200526_184036001.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'll be bringing some birds to the next Dunnellon TSC Farm Swap on Saturday June 13th. I'll have some White Leghorn young hens and a rooster, some miscellaneous young pullets and some cockerels.

No, you don't need a license to sell chicks. I used to keep a list of the swaps but so many new ones have popped up in the past few years. If you know of any, please post them and location. We have one at the Dunnellon Tractor Supply Co., twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays monthly. Years ago I used to drive from Citrus County to Jacksonville, but that one is no longer going. We have a fellow that comes regularly from Hudson who buys and sells birds and a gal who comes regularly from Volusia county to buy birds. I'll be there at the next swap on Saturday June 13th. I have a few birds to sell. It helps with the feed costs. Good luck and have fun...

We thought with the coronavirus we needed to shut down for awhile so we did, but after doing some research found out we didn't need to because farm swaps and farmers markets fall under agricultural essential services, because we are an outlet for people to buy and sell their livestock. Mostly we have chickens but other fowl, poultry and livestock. Everyone is welcome. We do encourage everyone to folllow guidelines and social distancing. There are no fees, just come and setup.

Back
Top Bottom