FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

NPIP does waterfowl here. Since we ship we have to participate, but the program isn't regulated from one state to another. So some states don't do hardly anything, some go above and beyond. Would be nice to see it become more stream lined and similar from one state to the next. Virginia and Hawaii both require either additional testing and or special permits to ship into them.

I dont know where to go to chat in this site sorry

This is a good place to start for general chatter. Specific topics you can do a search for and then notice if it's a recent thread.
welcome-byc.gif

@ Oaks- That;s why they asked how many day olds and adults I planned to ship... when I said none they must have decided they didn't test waterfoul here usually at all due to Fl waterfoul laws (lairs) - my chief extension officer is a dunce- I'm still in an untested status as... they haven't come out yet... I asked Last year in August and have called about once a month (or more) since then.... You would think DUval county could afford an officer or something... as I understand it the chief officer will be coming out herself...

Blah-

I'm giving up now- I don't sell birds now that I've had three flaky people- the birds stay here (excluding behavior problems that go next door to my cousin- with no children or predator type pets)

Sorry they are being such pains for you. You would THiNK they could make it easier.

I've actually mentioned that to them, they keep saying they have short staff... I tell them I'm 5'1" so that's no excuse.
wink.png

I'm done hatching particular crosses (colored layers) and taking the down payment and people 2.5 weeks later get impatient they get them from the feed store....

I'm done checking for permits, "no, I can sell you the cute little yellow ducks I cant sell you that color... because it's against FL regulation..."

I'm done taking in half grown animals, especially if they are not listed on my pending permit... because they have become too loud for their neighborhood, too messy for thier house or too expensive to treat...

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hi all,

Slowly getting the predator problem under control here. Most of the neighbors have banded together to get rid of them. One is baiting them by her barn and has SSS 5 of them so far. I got one and the brand new neighbor with alpacas has hunted every night. She got 3. The neighbor right behind me got 1. So so far that I know of 10 down and a lot more to go.....

I know I owe PM's to a lot of peeps on here. I will get to them, but my internet stinks and is hit and miss right now.

On another note, I never thought I would be glad to have sugar sand. But today my farrier was here and my ACDs are always out side more than in. My old girl was under his truck and didn't hear him start up. I didn't see her til too late, yelled for him to stop. He stopped part way on her, then backed up. She ran out 3 legged lame. I grabbed her and laid her down, let her and me calm down. After about 10 minutes she just walks off with a slight limp. Then she walks to the back porch and runs up the steps. She is a little sore, but the vet thinks she is going to be ok. She is my old ACD that cannot go under antheisia. So she is on a mild anti-inflammatory for a few days. So she won't over do it.

She scared about 10 years off of Bill(farrier) and my lives. Lesson learned: Lock old going deaf dog in house.

a6937b1c-c69e-135f.jpg

Sheila

Maye

Ride the Glide....Got Gait....I do...

Last edited:
Same thing happened to one of my dogs. The guy ran right over her middle. I thought for sure she would have had organ damage, but she was checked out by the vet and she was fine. I do not let any one drive out of the place now without having some one's hands on all of the collars.
I hope she will be fine. I know how horrible that is to watch.

So glad she will be ok..I have heard many horror stories of the same. 5 Years ago, my husband ran over his old deaf cat and it was not pretty. Boy did we learn a lesson....

Back
Top Bottom