FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Good evening!! Currently Central Florida (Orlando), but moving up to new land up in Jacksonville and would really love to make some connections to buy started birds from up there once our coops are complete! :)
Bent Creek Feed MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA
The LAST Sunday of the month
every month, 9am-1ish
10777 103rd St.
Jacksonville, FL. 32210
---> MAP
(904) 777-3838

All 3 stages of Pox are in the combination. Black are old and have scab that will fall off. Scabs are infectious. Pink are active but healing. Discharge is infectious. White is brand new and highly infectious. They discharge easily and the liquid is infectious.

I guess I'm lucky, none of my birds have ever had fowl pox like that. They have had dry fowl pox which lasted a couple of weeks on only a couple of occasions over many many years.

I guess I'm lucky, none of my birds have ever had fowl pox like that. They have had dry fowl pox which lasted a couple of weeks on only a couple of occasions over many many years.

Vitamins, colloidal silver, and ACV are the real heroes here.

This would ruin any show bird for months. If our heads weren't so fat to begin with, I think we would have lost at least 3. The Maran in the picture has lost 2 lbs. From 6lbs to 4lbs. The worst Jersey Giant has gone from 7.5lbs to 4.2lbs. She is the one we worry about.

Are there any swap meets near you. Maybe you could take them to a swap. I host a couple every month and often times there are people who breed Silkies that will bring some for sale. Most of the people are regulars and have good stock that come to our swaps. Sometimes some people will bring birds I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. We have been doing this for quite a few years now so we know a lot of the people that come. There is a Silkie breeder that will be attending our Tractor Supply Farm Swap next Saturday. He comes up from New Port Richey, FL. Not sure if he will bring any Silkies but he usually does. He has very nice birds. These are our swaps. Maybe you could start one in your area.
the last time my son and I went to our local swap meet we were unlucky enough to watch somebody buy a turkey walk a few feet away from the sixth and snap a turkey's neck and then walk with it upside down to their truck. I know this happens with farm animals butt I don't eat my birds so it was a hard thing to see. I probably couldn't recover if that happened to me with one of my roosters. Also I am afraid of bringing birds back and fourth because of illnesses. If I didnt sell one and had to bring him home, I literally have no place to quarantine him.

Quote: I don't buy birds at swaps but do make arrangements with another breeder to pick up a bird or birds for my flocks. I also take birds to sell. I have them in cages with a lot of hay in the bottoms so they don't touch the ground in case I do take them back home. There is a poultry show next month where there should be several of the country's top Silkie breeders and often times they bring birds to sell.

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL.
Citrus Classic
Saturday October 22, 2016
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
Citrus County Fairgrounds arena (Hwy 41 in front of the race track)
3600 South Florida Ave.
Inverness, Florida
---> MAP
(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)
Show Catalog --->TBA
Entry Form ---> TBA
http://cflpoultrybreeders.org/

Last edited:
We have a show coming up the end of next month. The molt also interferes. I will bookmark this for future reference.

Because this is spread by mosquitos, I cannot think of any precautions other than vaccination and citronella candles in the coop.

Have fun with the show. That would probably make for a nifty weekend for the family. We will keep it in mind as the date approaches.

Hi, anyone in Florida have Silkies for sale? One of my two 8 week old Silkies went missing last night
sad.png
Please let me know. Thank you.
There is a poultry show next month where there should be several of the country's top Silkie breeders and often times they bring birds to sell.

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL.
Citrus Classic
Saturday October 22, 2016
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
Citrus County Fairgrounds arena (Hwy 41 in front of the Citrus County race track)
3600 South Florida Ave.
Inverness, Florida
---> MAP
(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)
Show Catalog --->TBA
Entry Form ---> TBA
http://cflpoultrybreeders.org/

Quote:
Please excuse this old lady. I got the post confused.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Posted is emergencies/ diseases but you guys always come through for me and quickly. About 20 minutes ago I noticed some poop on my patio while the girls were out foraging. The only one with blood in her vent area is the one that just started laying on Friday. Could this be coccidia or maybe due to her being new to laying? Her eggs are more elongated than the others but I don't know if that means anything. I don't see any other symptoms but I know coccidia is quick and can take them overnight. I'm not sure if I should medicate them or not any advice is greatly needed. Pictures will follow, I was having trouble uploading them a few minutes ago

Back
Top Bottom