FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Kind of excited... Found some partridge silkie chicks up here in Pensacola. Wasn't looking for chicks, but I do honestly prefer the friendliness of my hand raised oegbs to the pol speck sussex pullets I got. One person has a few partridge and a couple of splash chicks, so I'll likely take the pair of splash as well. I don't like having too few chicks at a time.
So, driving home with chicks! :D

Ha, I love that! I'm still technically in the lead to win an auction or two so I'm hoping everything pans out well with Matthew, we are also in discussion to go pick up some Poults in Eustis soon LOL (Chicken math has begun for us!)

Ha, I love that! I'm still technically in the lead to win an auction or two so I'm hoping everything pans out well with Matthew, we are also in discussion to go pick up some Poults in Eustis soon LOL (Chicken math has begun for us!)
Just a reminder to quarantine. When obtaining stock from multiple sources, it's critical to do so.

Kind of excited... Found some partridge silkie chicks up here in Pensacola. Wasn't looking for chicks, but I do honestly prefer the friendliness of my hand raised oegbs to the pol speck sussex pullets I got. One person has a few partridge and a couple of splash chicks, so I'll likely take the pair of splash as well. I don't like having too few chicks at a time.
So, driving home with chicks!
big_smile.png

congrats, drive safely

Everyone and all my girls are safe. They aren't happy but they are alive- even got a couple eggs out of them. Clean up will begin after breakfast and they will be able to move back to the coop this morning !!!

how is everyone? especially Volusia and Flagler counties. Is there anything I could help with. I have a camper and could pitch in 2-3 days. I am very fortunate, far enough inland that it was mainly an inconvenience. My heart goes out to those who were not so lucky

Everything is well in Lake county. I feel terrible about all of the destruction on the east coast.
We did yard clean up today. A 5ft tall bonfire pile of fallen branches and limbs. But nothing broken or damaged as I moved all potted plants and objects not nailed down into a secure shed.

In other news I came home from Pensacola yesterday with five silkie chicks... Four of them are about 2-3 weeks, 2 splash/2 partridge (though one looksvery gray/silver partridge?)... And one tiny little weeble of a partridge basically fresh from the egg. I think today is it's day 3. While the bigger chicks don't peck at it, they do sometimes run it over. So, here I am raising a singleton until it is old enough to get around a bit better. How long that will be remains to be seen.
Of course that means that this little bit of fluff has aquired a name, and will be here forever regardless of gender. The fuzzy chipmunk gofball has been dubbed Pepsi... It seems fond of riding around tucked into my clevage. I never thought I would become this sort of chicken nut.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom