FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Hello from Dunnellon! I have six chicks: Chica, Indie, Nedina, Mizu, Yui and Erza. I think the last three are EE and the first three Red Productions.

Hello from Dunnellon, This is also Hello from Dunnellon
frow.gif

Welcome, or glad to see you.

I have 6 pullets starting to lay. Glad to know some one from this area is on BYC.
I also have 6 chicks coming in April.
roll.png
I just can't get enough of those little bird brains full of personality. I can tell by behaviors or talking without looking who's at my feet. Just love my birds.
Hope to hear from you again. Just have fun, with your flock.

Just got done reading your posts. If you are interested in a hoop house for your birds. You Tube has a great series of videos from University of Kentucky on building a hoop house for your birds. I built this, only rub is that it ends up too heavy to move myself. In the process of getting wheels from Northern Freight. Course, I went overboard in the build. But if I can do it by myself, I'm sure you can do it. Hardest part was man handling the cattle panels. I also built my own door. Plenty of room for 6 birds. Plan on moving it every day.

Hello fellow Dunnellonites, lol. I'm glad to see others in the area on here. I was able to acquire and sell some chicks, so now the chicken math adds up to five 3+ month old isa brown pullets, a beautiful pair of mottled orpingtons, and I just successfully hatched my first batch of chicks, which are five adorable and beautiful coronation sussex chicks. I may have to try and hatch some more orpington chicks...chicken math is brutal!!! :D ;)

Last edited:
I don't see why you couldn't use a wellhouse as a coop, assuming its not over a well. Re-puposing is a good thing, and it doesn't kill the budget too much, that way you could get more chickens!:D

It means that I am usually not the person to talk someone out of getting more chickens, horses, etc, but instead encourage them to go ahead and get more. :D That is of course assuming there is no neglect, etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom